Paris's Reviews > Black Rook

Black Rook by Kelly Meade

bookshelves: 2018, must-read-author, must-read-series, romance, paranormal, urban-fantasy

I’m a big fan of Kelly Meade’s work as Kelly Meding. Her Meta Wars series and her Dreg City series are some of my favorite Urban Fantasy series. I don’t know how I forgot about her Cornerstone series. I was really looking forward to reading it before it came out, but then I guess life got in the way. And boy am I mad about that. I really didn’t want to put this book down, it was so good. From the very beggining, I was hooked and knew I would binge read the entire trilogy.

I really liked Brynn. I loved that she was taking matters into her own hands after years of being a disappointment to her father and her people. He doesn’t take her premonition seriously, but she will do whatever it takes to keep the bad guys (loup garou) from killing her father. Of course, the real world isn’t exactly like her father told her. The wolves aren’t all bad, the Magus aren’t all good and the vision Brynn had of Rook killing her father might not be exactly what she saw.

I loved discovering the world as Brynn did. Seeing her open up to the truth, to the world she never knew existed. Learning about who she truly was. It was all really great to see. I also loved seeing her and Rook fall for each other and learn exactly what that meant. This book was filled with great amounts of action, intrigue, relationships and a really interesting world. I couldn’t wait to keep reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Rook.

May 26, 2014 – Shelved