Christi Snow's Reviews > Recipe for Attraction

Recipe for Attraction by Gina Gordon

My Review:
I missed the release of this one and this is definitely a series that I enjoy. The premise of these four books (3 are out so far) is that 4 teenage boys from the foster system were taken in by Vivian (not sure if that name is right) Madewood. She showered them with love, showed them what family means, and gave them each an appreciation of cooking. All four became chefs and close brothers who run the many family businesses and charities.

The wildest and the oldest is Neil. Ever since Vivian died, he's been fighting demons by illegal street racing his motorcycle. Carson, the architect who's been building the new Madewood restaurant and barn complex, sees the signs of his dangerous night life and can't stand by to let him kill himself. So she gets involved and offers him a different kind of distraction...one that they definitely both enjoy, but is dangerous for her career and his infamous ability to make it into the tabloids.

Carson has her own demons that are shoved down her throat constantly by her father who also happens to be her boss. She's vying for the spot of top designer in the family company against a sleeze who has her father wrapped around his finger. The main strike against Carson is her wild-child days as a motorcycle street racer...she has a lot in common with Neil.

This was an interesting premise for this particular story. I don't think I've ever read about street racing on motorcycles so I enjoyed that aspect. I also liked the whole back story for Carson and how that all ties to the demons that Neil is fighting. While the overall story arcs aren't anything new (tortured hero, heroine looking for daddy approval), I enjoyed the way that this one was told and laid out. I love the deal between the two to use sex as an adrenaline rush/distraction. And of course, it's a romance so they find themselves much more involved than they ever planned. There's a scene with teenagers that I found especially sweet just in the insight it provided about the background of Neil's character for Carson.

I love these four brothers and what they stand for. I always enjoy chef themed stories, but this whole premise is especially good. I highly recommend this series. I've only read the first two so far, but they've been great and I plan to read #3 next. Love the Madewood brothers and how they've overcome their obstacles in life just through a little love from one amazing lady.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Recipe for Attraction.

May 26, 2014 – Shelved