Cami's Reviews > The Camelot Code

The Camelot Code by Mari Mancusi

I've been meaning to read a book from Mari Mancusi for a while now, considering all the fantastic things I've heard from her other novels.

I picked "The Camelot Code" because it boasted to things I love: time travel and King Arthur's legend. Let me assure you, I was not disappointed.

Even if this book is meant for a teenage audience (or even Middle Grade), I loved it. It's a sweet story about friendship and family, in which the characters from Medieval Camelot become entangled with the 21st Century. It was fun to see the legendary characters such as Morgan Le Fay, Merlin, King Arthur, & Lady Guinevere ("Guin") discover the USA in the 21st century. Stuart & Sophie, the two main characters who time travel to the past are gamers who love playing the game "The Camelot Code". I enjoyed how their storyline evolved throughout the game, from two friends, to a shared first kiss.

The book is full of witty references to our time, from pepperoni pizza, cell phones, & computers (the magic box), to every-day-expressions such as `let's do eeeeet'. I had a great time rediscovering our time with a new pair of eyes thanks to this book, not to mention exploring Medieval England.

A good recommendation to anyone who remembers falling in love for the first time, or who dreams of time travelling. I just realized that it's in a series of standalone novels called "First Kiss Club" and will now check out the first in the series "Skater boy".

Have fun reading!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Camelot Code.

Started Reading