La La's Reviews > Of Breakable Things

Of Breakable Things by A. Lynden Rolland

May 23, 2014

bookshelves: on-my-kindle, blog-highlights, on-my-bookshelf

4.5 stars on my blog. I am so in love with this story. I was in a horrible reading slump when I picked this book up. It was probably the fifth or sixth book I had tried. I wasn't expecting to become fully engaged within the first few pages, so I was happily surprised. Even though this book is nothing like Harry Potter it had this certain vibe to it that gave me that same comforting feeling. I recently read another review that said very much the same thing. The otherworldly setting is unique, and the characters have great chemistry. Even the secondary characters are well thought out and detailed enough so that I didn't have to search back in the story to remember who they were (one of my pet peeves). I am in another slump right now, wishing I had another Of Breakable Things to pull me out. I paid full regular price for the ebook and it was worth every penny! Full 4 1/2 star blog review:
http://lalatoadstone.blogspot.com/201... This book is currently $3.03 as an ebook and FREE on Kindle Unlimited.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Breakable Things.

Quotes La La Liked

A. Lynden Rolland
“Written words were so much harsher than spoken.”
A. Lynden Rolland, Of Breakable Things

May 23, 2014 – Shelved
May 23, 2014 – Shelved as: on-my-kindle
May 23, 2014 –
page 54
12.71% "I am totally sucked into the story."
May 24, 2014 –
page 80
18.82% "I am totally sucked into the story."
May 24, 2014 –
page 80
18.82% "I am totally sucked into the story."
May 25, 2014 –
page 186
43.76% "Yep. You guys have to read this book. Now."
May 30, 2014 – Started Reading
May 31, 2014 –
page 251
59.06% "Something strange is brewing. I love that."
June 1, 2014 –
page 303
71.29% "About half way through the story took on a Harry Potterish "vibe" to it and it is somewhat comforting in a strange way."
June 1, 2014 – Finished Reading