Sharon's Reviews > Lily's Leap

Lily's Leap by Tea Cooper

bookshelves: aussie-authors, read-on-kindle, gift-from-author

Lilibeth Dungarven, is back living under her father's roof after her husband and her mother were killed in a horrific riding accident. Living with her father is not the ideal situation, but Lilibeth knows someone has to take charge of the property seeing as her father has taken up drinking and is no longer capable of making important decisions.

Whilst Lilibeth, Bonnie and George are out herding race horses to Sydney that will be shipped to India they suddenly come to a dead stop and find themselves surrounded by bushrangers. Glancing over the horses Captain Thomas Roscomon, thought this was his lucky day as he soon identifies the, Dungarven branding which meant good bloodlines that were worth a lot of money and there was no way he was going to let them pass him by.

Sending George back to Lily's father with a ransom note stating that five hundred pounds was required for her return and to meet in seven days at The Settler's Arms. In the meantime the rest of them would continue with the herding, but now it was about to become a lot tougher. Lily must now make sure the horses come to no harm and arrive safely and on time. Dealing with the horses is one thing, but dealing with Captain Tom and his men would be an entirely different story.
Will Lily's father pay the ransom? And will the horses arrive safely or will something go wrong?

I thoroughly enjoyed this truly beautifully written Australian story. This story is set around Wollombi and after reading this book it's a place I would dearly love to visit one day. This historical romance really was a very enjoyable read right from the start all the way to the very end. A fabulous read by a very talented Aussie author which I have no hesitation in HIGHLY recommending.

With thanks to the author for my ARC to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lily's Leap.

May 23, 2014 – Shelved
May 23, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
May 31, 2014 – Started Reading
May 31, 2014 – Shelved as: aussie-authors
May 31, 2014 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle
May 31, 2014 – Finished Reading
June 1, 2014 – Shelved as: gift-from-author

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Sally906 Ooh great. I have an ARC of this. Looks really good.

Sharon I'm sure you'll enjoy it, Sally :)