Sammy Loves Books's Reviews > Dreams of a Dark Warrior

Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole

1.5 "I Almost Did Not Finish" Stars!!

Declan Chase can go Suck a Dick!!

What can I say? I hated the Hero. Hated him!!!

hater

The author tried to redeem him in the final 40 pages which was too little too late because I hated him for the first 400 pages.

I had to make myself finish this book. Too much repetition of events from the previous book. Freakin Torture!! This book gets 2 stars because Kresley Cole is a talented writer and it hurts me to give her a 1 star.

Regin the Radiant

description

I just HATED Chase. Which really sucked because I love Regin the Radiant, the heroine. She was brave, loyal, smart and sassy. She was one of the few Valkyrie that didn't have crazy baggage, and wanted to fall in love with her man. Oh well, on to the next book in the series!!

On to book #12. Lothaire!!! Here I come!!!

My Immortals After Dark Reviews:

Demon from the Dark
Dreams of a Dark Warrior
Lothaire
Dark Skye

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of a Dark Warrior.

May 22, 2014 – Shelved
May 19, 2015 – Started Reading
May 23, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)

message 1: by Baba (new)

Baba  Sorry it was a bust, Sammy. :(
Great honest review! <3

message 2: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. Sorry it stunk, Sammy! Hope your next read is better! xx

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Sorry this wasn't a winner, Sammy. :( Great, honest review! Hope your next read is much better! :D xx

message 4: by Rag (new)

Rag Sorry Sammy! Hopefully next time!

Marcie Sorry this one didn't work. Hope you enjoy Lothaire!!! :)

message 6: by Vishous (new) - added it

Vishous LMAO!

Sammy Loves Books Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter wrote: "Sorry it was a bust, Sammy. :(
Great honest review! <3"

Thanks Baba!!

Sammy Loves Books Lili wrote: "Sorry it stunk, Sammy! Hope your next read is better! xx"

I appreciate that Lili ;o))

message 9: by Exina (new) - added it

Exina Sorry, honey, it sounds bad. You've found a beautiful pic for Regin, though!

message 10: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "Sorry this wasn't a winner, Sammy. :( Great, honest review! Hope your next read is much better! :D xx"

Thank you Maida!!

message 11: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Rag wrote: "Sorry Sammy! Hopefully next time!"

Thanks, my friend ;o))

message 12: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Marcie wrote: "Sorry this one didn't work. Hope you enjoy Lothaire!!! :)"

Oh Marcie, Thanks hun. I was so saddened that Chase was such an Ass!!

message 13: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Vishous wrote: "LMAO!"

Just ranting!! Lol

message 14: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Exina wrote: "Sorry, honey, it sounds bad. You've found a beautiful pic for Regin, though!"

I loved Regin!! Thanks Exina!!

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️ "This book gets 2 stars because Kresley Cole is a talented writer and it hurts me to give her a 1 star."

^^^Love this lol

message 16: by Laci (new)

Laci Sorry :)

message 17: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Val ⚓️ Shameless, Bitchy, Skanky & Not Sorry ⚓️ "But I Digress" Queen wrote: ""This book gets 2 stars because Kresley Cole is a talented writer and it hurts me to give her a 1 star."

^^^Love this lol"

Thanks Val!! Chase was FAR worse than Lothaire in my opinion.

message 18: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Laci wrote: "Sorry :)"

Thanks babe ;o))

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Damn I hate when that happens but onward is right!! xo-

message 20: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Awe, sorry Sammy :( Hope your next read makes up for it!

message 21: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ wrote: "Damn I hate when that happens but onward is right!! xo-"

Thanks Sweet D ;ox

message 22: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Pam wrote: "Awe, sorry Sammy :( Hope your next read makes up for it!"

Thank you Pammie!!

message 24: by Mo (new)

Mo Yikes, another low rating. Sorry about that Sammy. Hope your next read is 5 stars.

message 25: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Mo wrote: "Yikes, another low rating. Sorry about that Sammy. Hope your next read is 5 stars."

Thanks Mo, I Need a 5star...I'm in a reading rut ;o((

message 26: by Mo (new)

Mo Sammy wrote: "Mo wrote: "Yikes, another low rating. Sorry about that Sammy. Hope your next read is 5 stars."

Thanks Mo, I Need a 5star...I'm in a reading rut ;o(("

Hate when that happens Sammy.

Mary Alice Agree with everything u said! Hate him!!! Regin deserved a lot better.

message 28: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Rogue wrote: "Agree with everything u said! Hate him!!! Regin deserved a lot better."

Exactly!! She was so Awesome!!

Ann-Kristin I have just started with it. Curious to see what I think about Doesn't sound good with repetitions from the previous book :/

message 30: by Corina (new)

Corina Oh no

message 31: by Corina (new)

Corina I have to say, the last few books didn't wow me either. I couldn't even remember what they were about:-(

message 32: by Wendy (new)

Wendy :(

message 33: by Sönïa (new)

Sönïa Dhillion I felt the same I could'nt finish the book. It was just too much and yes I have read dark romance where the hero are cold, ruthless but I can still digest that and like the hero eventually after he's redeemed himself. But in this book it was the fact that readers knew the hero and heroine were soulmates . I felt like screaming oh no I think the demons have took his soul and left the heroine with a devil that looks like her love of her life.

Talltree I hated Chase too!!

message 36: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Corina wrote: "I have to say, the last few books didn't wow me either. I couldn't even remember what they were about:-("

You can't allow a hero to be this evil. I can't forgive his actions!!

message 37: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Wendy wrote: ":("

Exactly!!

message 38: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Sönïa wrote: "I felt the same I could'nt finish the book. It was just too much and yes I have read dark romance where the hero are cold, ruthless but I can still digest that and like the hero eventually after he..."

I couldn't agree with you more!! This was horrible ;o((

message 39: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Talltree wrote: "I hated Chase too!!"

I was afraid I was in the minority!!

message 40: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Monty Cupcake wrote: "So true, so true."

Thanks Monty!!

message 41: by Salwa (new)

Salwa Aj Even the synopsis and glimpses from the previous book sicken me. I m not reading this one. I don't like forgiveness for sadistic man... nor love for them. No woman should forgive sadistic torture from anyone, especially a lover.. even though, this is a supernatural setting, i just can't go over it.

message 42: by Sammy (new) - rated it 1 star

Sammy Loves Books Salwa wrote: "Even the synopsis and glimpses from the previous book sicken me. I m not reading this one. I don't like forgiveness for sadistic man... nor love for them. No woman should forgive sadistic torture f..."

I can honestly say, you won't miss too much by skipping this book. Lothaire's book is next and he was "the hero I love to hate". He's so damn sexy and manipulative...I hope you enjoy it!!

message 43: by Salwa (new)

Salwa Aj Already devoured Lothaire and the shadow Prince... yep, Lothaire is likable precisely because he got what he deserved (the head thing..) before geting his happy ending..so, the author redressed his misstreatment of his mate, not encouraged it. Paradoxally, that non permessive writing gave me the guilt free pleasure of liking such a character..