Books&Dreams's Reviews > Persecution

Persecution by Elizabeth Montgomery

May 22, 2014

photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

A Book Worms Review by Leigh

Cecily can’t remember her life before her tragic accident, and her parents are trying to convince her that she isn’t normal and will never fit in with society. So, she packs up her car and is heading to her best friend’s house. After seeing her gaslight come on, she makes a stop at a gas station that will change her life that she knows into nothing but a lie.
Isaac knows he shouldn’t interfere with Cecily’s life right now, but he can’t seem to stop himself when he sees her entering the gas station. He goes to talk to her and follows her as she leaves. She just had to get herself into trouble at the rest stop. He knows that he has to tell her everything and keep her with him. There’s no problem with being back together on his side, but will she feel the same?
Isaac and his brother work together to try to keep Cecily safe and inform her of her past. Cecily will learn secrets from her past and things that will change her future.

I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars.

I am pretty sure that this series will grow on me and get better as it goes. I love this kind of supernatural fiction. This first book gives me an introduction to the characters and a hint as of what is to come. I just wish I could have gotten a little more of the story in this first book.
Now let’s talk about the characters. I LOVE Isaac and Cecily. I can’t wait to see how their relationship evolves in the future. Will it be as good as in the past? It did get pretty steamy for a minute, but I am wanting to see how hot it can get when their bond gets stronger as Isaac said it was before.
Like I said, I love where this story is going, I just wish that I could have gotten more within the first book. I needed it to be a little longer just to get some more meat into the story. I can’t wait to continue this story and see what else this wonderful author has to offer!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Persecution.

Started Reading