Love Africa Book Club's Reviews > The Exchange: Part 1

The Exchange by N. Isabelle Blanco

This is my first time of reading this author and I must say, I enjoyed her writing style. This story is told from the POV of Deimos who is an agent for the Adelphi Organisation. His assignment is to transport 'cargo' - Ms Heaton from Japan to the United Kingdom. His job is to protect and deliver and he is supposed to be very good at it.

Until he meets his assignment, the resurrected dead daughter of a very powerful man turned into a bionic woman. But it turns out Ms Heaton isn't really Ms Heaton but an 'Artificial Intelligence' known as Sapphire.

Things start going wrong from the moment they meet. Well, I say wrong because Sapphire is not what Deimos expects and then of course there are those who want to acquire Sapphire for their own purposes.

I enjoyed this story. An action adventure story is right up my alley and I do occasionally read Science fiction. Reading this from Deimos' perspective also makes for a funny read at times. However I do have a beef with him. For a man who compared himself to James Bond, he spent way too much time over-analysing everything including his emotional responses to Sapphire and after a while it got a bit old. I was screaming "just get on with it!" A man who's supposed to be so good at his job shouldn't spend too much time thinking and too little time actually doing. Just saying.

On the whole I love the action, the suspense and the love scene when it eventually happened sizzled. This story ends with a cliff-hanger but since this is marked as part one, I expected it.

Do I recommend this? Hell, yeah!
Will I read this author again? Hell, yeah! Roll on part two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Exchange.

Started Reading