Shannon's Reviews > Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

Mar 17, 2010

Read from March 17 to 18, 2010

I have loved Chelsea Handler since I read her first book, which is her best book by far. To me, I don't think she will ever top her first book, and this fear was confirmed with Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea. That book seemed hurried and thrown together, with the stories going on FAR longer and being FAR more outrageously unbelievable than the first attempt. What she seemed to lose focus of was that the first book had been so good because there was a certain amount of believability in each of those stories, whereas Vodka had been blatantly false or at least elaborately concocted for the sake of the book.
This book has achieved a wonderful balance between the two, though you can see that Chelsea has adopted a life of being as outrageous as possible. But that's ok, because it's fairly entertaining. My favorite story has been of Dudley the bulldog, though many of the stories are funny and at the least entertaining. Don't let the first story, an extensively long one that dragged on and on about childhood masturbation, fool you. Things do get better, and luckily you're treated to a good story about her pursuit of a cabbage patch doll right after.

So, in summary, it's a much more successful attempt and definitely worth the read. Also, the dog on the cover, in case you're wondering, is her dog Chunk.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang.