Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > The King's Deception

The King's Deception by Steve Berry

bookshelves: read-2014

This book has everything you need for when it comes to a great adventure book; an old secret, a secret society, American agents, British agents, two old ladies, a thief and, of course, our hero Cotton Malone smack in the middle. He has a talent for really getting in the way of things.

Cotton Malone is on his way to Denmark to celebrate Thanksgiving with his son Gary. But first, he needs to drop off a kid in London that has tried to enter The States with a false passport. And as usual, everything gets fucked up!

Adventure books are something I really, truly enjoy reading, especially a well-written one with an interesting and almost believable story. Well, the nonstop action is a bit over the top, but adventure book must be fast-paced, or it gets dull. But I loved how I was pulled into the story, how Steve Berry manages to write something so fantastic that one almost could believe it's true. The secret in this book, its dynamite (not literally) and if it would be reviled it would have such huge impact on the world that I just can't believe that those behind trying to bring the secret out in the open would do something so stupid. But pettiness is everywhere.

Anyway, it was a great book and if you like an adventure book, then you should read this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The King's Deception.

May 21, 2014 – Started Reading