Beadyjan's Reviews > Closing In

Closing In by Sue Fortin

bookshelves: romance, psychological-chillers

Let's hope we're never in the position in which Helen finds herself, where you need to run and hide so badly you change your name by deed poll and try to completely change your identity.

Now called Ellen, our escape artist is fleeing a relationship gone bad - very bad and when she lands herself a position as live in nanny to the loveable Izzy and her very agreeable Dad, Donovan, she thinks her troubles are behind her, but they're only just beginning.

What follows is a swirly cat and mouse chase, where Ellen has to try and stay one step ahead of a game where she isn't even sure of the rules. Has someone from her past tracked her down? Or is Donovan the target for increasingly bizarre little incidents which make us increasingly more uneasy for Ellen and Izzy's safety.

Donovans job as a criminal psychologist helps him recognize who to trust and who is lying, yet even he becomes confused with all the psychological doubts and diversions (as did I)

The author adeptly throws in a few red herrings to confuse us about just who is doing what, to whom and then a niggle of doubt as to Ellens credibility are catapulted into the mix which builds to a really tense, nail biting climax.

I thoroughly enjoyed this romantic thriller, with great characters, a vigorous storyline and sufficient curved balls to keep you guessing all the way through.

My thanks to Netgalley and the publisher, Harper Impulse for providing my digital copy which has introduced me to another enjoyable author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Closing In.

May 21, 2014 – Started Reading