Laura's Reviews > Bright Lights, Big Ass: A Self-Indulgent, Surly, Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to Why It Often Sucks in the City, or Who Are These Idiots and Why Do They All Live Next Door to Me?

Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster

F 50x66
Nov 22, 2007

did not like it
Recommended for: NO ONE

I really hated this book. It is supposed to an accurate depiction of the author, so I suppose I can say, I hate Jen Lancaster. She is lazy, self absorbed, petty, jealous, rude, and worse, hypocritical. She is the worst kind of woman. She is educated, yet one would never know it considering how small her world view is. Yes, it is all about her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bright Lights, Big Ass.

Started Reading
November 1, 2007 – Finished Reading
November 22, 2007 – Shelved

Felicia A She is all of that. Every bit. And I might even hate her a little too. But she's funny as all hell.

Lisa Ruttenberg but Jen admits her life is all about her, that's what makes it so funny?!?

message 3: by Petra X (new)

Petra X I loved your review, it made me snork my coffee, but I don't think it had the right effect. You've made Jen sound so interesting, so different from the soccer mum chicklit set, I just have to read it!

Barbara Yes, she is the first one to say she is all of those things, and she reminds us often. But she's also incredibly funny.

message 5: by Sonya (new) - added it

Sonya Shimbura I'd just love to read it. I love chic flic

Debbley I thought it was vile. Unfunny, obnoxious and generally unpleasant. After 25 pages I actually threw it in the trash to spare anyone else from reading it