MariNaomi's Reviews > How to Get Happily Published: A Complete and Candid Guide

How to Get Happily Published by Judith Appelbaum

3019559
Mar 16, 2010

I'm currently going through the publishing process for the first time, and I picked up this book (a gift long ago from my beloved aunt, may she rest in peace) to make sure I'm doing everything right. Although the book is dated (this version was printed in 1992 so it doesn't talk about internet promotions and other current marketing tactics), there are some good ideas here, and I particularly found her section on sales/promotions helpful. Another interesting section was on self-publishing, which she really seems to endorse. She also discusses potential pitfalls of the agent-author/editor-author relationship and how to avoid them, which I think anyone (author, artist, or anyone really) looking for representation would benefit from reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Get Happily Published.

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Hey Mari, what are you working at getting published? Enquiring minds want to know!

MariNaomi Kiss & Tell got picked up by HarperCollins. It should be out by April 2011! :)

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Yay you!! That'll go on my 'To Read' list fer shure!

MariNaomi :) :) :) :) :)

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Goes on my 'To Buy' list as well - I'm so happy for you, buddy! Hope you manage to sneak in some of those recent animal drawings in there somewhere too - love those.