Lauren's Reviews > The Case of the Missing Books

The Case of the Missing Books by Ian Sansom

Mar 16, 2010

Read in March, 2010

First, I have to thank Bonnie for her review of book 4 in this series: I'd never heard of Ian Sansom and the Mobile Library Mysteries before, but her great review made me want to read them.

I loved every minute of reading this book. I don't have one of those dainty, giggly-girl laughs, I have an embarrassingly loud, guffaw-type of laugh, and let me tell you, I've embarrassed myself in the lunchroom, the doctor's waiting room, and woken up my husband laughing out loud at this book. The dialog is absolutely brilliant, and Sansom's writing is so very clever. I can't remember when I've ever enjoyed a book more, and I've already started the 2nd in the series.

I'm just sad that there are only 3 in the series: I need to savor these.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Case of the Missing Books.

10/28/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, Lauren. I agree that the dialog is fantastic. I especially enjoy the bookmobile driver! Bonnie

Ann444 I totally agree, the dialog makes the characters come alive and they are really strong characters. I didn't like it when I started reading because of the apparent meanness that Israel experienced from his new acquaintances, but fortunately I didn't have anything else to read and by the time I was done, I loved this book.