SueBee★bring me an alpha!★'s Reviews > The Untouchables

photo McAvoyRuthlesspeople2TitlebySueBee_zps838f1499.jpg
 photo RP2 stat48 xBQ by sb_zpsysyplsub.gif
 photo rp2 story xB by sb_zpsnunn1sck.gif
 photo rp2 stat9 xBQ by sb_zpso6epugp6.gif
★★★★★! The Untouchables, book 2 of 4. Liam & Mel’s continued tumultuous & blood-filled quest for world domination!

The Ruthless People trilogy follows the merger, through marriage, of two mafia families, The Callahan’s (Irish) and The Giovanni’s (Italian), with the intent of maintaining wealth and world domination through mainly drug trafficking and corruption by a.n.y. m.e.a.n.s. n.e.c.e.s.s.a.r.y.!

Books in series should be read in order:
Book 0.5: Declan + Coraline
Book 1: Ruthless People
Book 2: Untouchables
Book 3: American Savages
Book 4: A Bloody Kingdom

In Ruthless People (book 1) prodigal son, Liam Alec Callahan, was ready to get passed on the reigns to the family empire along with title of Ceann na Conairte. Through marriage to heiress Melody Nicci Giovanni, Mel he would also take over her father’s mafia empire AND gain a meek wife to represent them…

Nothing could have prepared Liam for Melody aka The Boss who had secretly been running her family empire and was not about to relent her power. Story followed Liam and Melody in the power struggle that ensued and when they faced common enemies in a violent battle for supremacy.

The Untouchables (book 2) picks up about a year after book 1’s ending. It goes on to follow Liam and Mel as they continue their quest for world domination, including the presidency of the United States. They are taunted and challenged by friends and foes and dark, even more powerful and deadly forces. It’s an uphill battle that Liam and Mel try to fight side by side.

A roller-coaster of suspense, intrigue, sex, murder, corruption, violence, manipulation and betrayal! But ultimately it’s a journey of sacrifices and growth. And though Liam and Mel might always be ruthless people in the eyes of the world the love they share is of epic proportions!

photo rp2 H BS by sb_zps0euorypa.gif
 photo rp2 stat31 xBQ by sb_zpsdeei8a9y.gif

Liam Alec Callahan aka Ceann na Conairte, is the prodigal son who in book 1 weaseled his way into my heart while managing to find the perfect balance between whopped, in charge and diplomacy. He will continue on that path while showing signs of maturity. There are more endearing revelations about him. Truly an unforgettable hero!

Nine words to describe Liam: Focused, cocky, calculated, reflective, jaded, hot-headed, vulnerable, diplomatic and ruthless.

photo rp2 he BS by sb_zpsby1j6xyo.gif
 photo rp2 stat57 xBQ by sb_zps6tutpw5d.gif

Melody Nicci Giovanni-Callahan, Mel aka The Boss aka Bloody Melody is the perfect blend of strong, bad-ass heroine, vulnerable, broken girl and men-at-your-feet temptress with a temper! We see some self-reflection and growth and even though I heart the bad ass Mel, I am very fond of the matured Mel.

Nine words to describe Melody: V.o.l.a.t.i.l.e., motivated, competitive, fierce, smart, calculated, complex, hot-headed and ruthless.

The Untouchables, told from multiple POVs is the seamless blend of drama, romance, angst and suspense and a worthy follow up to book 1, rivaling it in every aspect. As for ending; Brilliant! Shocking! Devastating! Unexpected! Gutsy! It’s the perfect set-up for book 3, American Savages, the conclusion of their saga.

Flawless and suspenseful plot! Spellbinding story-telling! Genius character development! A captivating and truly untouchable couple! It’s a story that consumed me. 6-stars!

***
Storytelling rating: 5+ stars
Story ending rating: N/A
*********************************************
Overall rating: 5+ stars

Would I recommend this series: Yes, absolutely.
Would I re-read this series: Yes, absolutely.
Would I read future books by this author: Yes.

photo rp2 stat80 xBQ by sb_zpsq9bhpdvj.gif

My spoiler-free thoughts posted right after reading:
(view spoiler)

BETA copy provided to me by author J.J. McAvoy in exchange for honest feedback & review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Untouchables.

Quotes SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Liked

J.J. McAvoy
“I wanted more than anything to peel her dress off her slowly… before she cut off my hands.”

J.J. McAvoy
“You don’t control this. I do. And you’ve pissed me off, wife.”

J.J. McAvoy
“Please file your complaint with the office of ‘I Don’t Give a Fuck’ and I’ll be sure not to get back to you.”

J.J. McAvoy
“Why were our lives so fucking complicated? All I wanted to do was sell drugs, make love to my wife, and rule in peace.”

J.J. McAvoy
“There sitting in the middle of the bed with her pinky sticking out as she drank her tea like the damn queen of England, was my wife.”

J.J. McAvoy
“I am Liam Fucking Callahan I don’t meet anyone halfway. They bend my way.”

J.J. McAvoy
“What the hell have you been doing and who dipped your outfit in whiteout?”

J.J. McAvoy
“Now let’s make nice with the government before they try to pin us for tax evasion.”

J.J. McAvoy
“You’re sexy when you are mean.”
“I’m always sexy,” I whispered back.
He grinned. “You’re always mean.”

J.J. McAvoy
“When the doors to the control room opened, I instantly threw my knife. Liam stared at the knife lodged in the wall by his head before looking at me wide eyed.”

J.J. McAvoy
“I will have it brought over in half an hour,” she replied
“Hurry before she bites off my arm for a snack,” I said quickly before hanging up.”

J.J. McAvoy
“Great love only equaled great pain… eventually that’s why Liam was going to have to die after I did.”

J.J. McAvoy
“Until I’m dead - and only when I’m dead - am I out of this game. Until then I fucking own you. Are we clear?”

J.J. McAvoy
“If you think for a bloody second that I would ever let you go through any of this alone, you've lost your mind. I will find you, I will bring you home, and I will fix you, do you hear me? Because I need you to fix me too.”

May 20, 2014 – Shelved
Started Reading
November, 2014 – Finished Reading
December 1, 2014 – Started Reading
December 1, 2014 –
0.0% " Yippee! I get to beta read the Untouchables, (Ruthless People, #2). I hope to be able to give J.J. some feedback. But fear I’ll be busy wiping drool, pining after Liam & end up a blubbering fool. I need a plan to stay focused!!!\n "
December 1, 2014 –
9.0% ""
December 2, 2014 –
31.0% ""
December 2, 2014 –
48.0% " #TheTruth! Well except with Mel…. LOL!\n "
December 3, 2014 –
57.0% " LOL!\n "
December 3, 2014 –
100.0% " Wow! I’m blown away! Intense! Brilliant! Unexpected! Loved every moment of it! \n Quote from 80%:\n "
December 3, 2014 – Shelved as: 5-stars
December 3, 2014 – Finished Reading
January 8, 2015 – Shelved as: review-quick
February 25, 2018 – Shelved as: series-cr-complete-sets
February 25, 2018 – Shelved as: series-ready-4-me-2-read

Comments Showing 1-50 of 268 (268 new)

message 1: by Sammy (new)

Sammy Loves Books Hope you enjoy, SueBee!!!

message 2: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne Thanks for highlighting all the up and comings SueBee x

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sammy wrote: "Hope you enjoy, SueBee!!!"

Many thanks Sammy! = )))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Lisa Jayne wrote: "Thanks for highlighting all the up and comings SueBee x"

Thanks so much Lisa Jayne! = DDD

Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Jack~Racer~Rafe~Liam~Prince Nicholas~Hayes~Simon~Gianluca & Archer Oh wow, didn't know this was a series!!
Will add them all now. :)
xoxoxo

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Patty wrote: "Oh wow, didn't know this was a series!!
Will add them all now. :)
xoxoxo"

A trilogy following Liam and Melody. All books are written, now we are waiting on publisher to announce about release dates.. = DD

message 7: by Didi (new)

Didi Enjoy, when you read this, SueBee! Love Colin Farrell!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Thanks so much Didi! Uhmmmmmmmmmm me too! = DD

message 9: by Didi (new)

Didi SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Thanks so much Didi! Uhmmmmmmmmmm me too! = DD"

;-DD

message 10: by Wendy'sThoughts (new)

Wendy'sThoughts what you do is soooo cool.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Wendy'sThoughts wrote: "what you do is soooo cool."

; ))) Thanks my dear. You being my friend makes me extra cool and... lucky!!!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Easton wrote: "lol I love ur gifs!"

Thanks so much Easton! = DD

message 13: by Jillian (new) - added it

Jillian Do we have a release date??

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Jillian wrote: "Do we have a release date??"

Sorry Jillian not yet. The good news is both book 2 and 3 are written.

message 15: by Hannah (new) - added it

Hannah I can't wait to read the sequel!!!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Hannah wrote: "I can't wait to read the sequel!!!!"

Me too Hannah!!!!!!!! = DD

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! Sue darling you know I love you like more then anything ....... but this is making my heart and especially body smile thank you you special person ,that's it sue im stealing you all to myself love ahhhhhh :D (I need to sit down for awhile) babe (fangirling)........ just

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! I'm gonna HOARD and BEG net galley I let it go during Antonio's time but get in the way of me and Liam and Imma turn on my survivor mode :D

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Sue darling you know I love you like more then anything ....... but this is making my heart and especially body smile thank you you special person ,that's it sue im stealing you all to myself love ..."

LOL! I was thinking it'd pick up your mood and I am sooooo glad it has. I get butterflies just thinking of Liam uhm your hubby. = DD

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Eipppppp "

LOL! where do you find these GIFS?????

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘ HOMG, yaaaay! Thanks for the heads up, Sue! ♥

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Sue darling you know I love you like more then anything ....... but this is making my heart and especially body smile thank you you special person ,th..."

You did darling you lighted up my day :D thank you xoxo hahha me too (plus other certin wet sensations ;) ) that has a nice ring to it *hubby* :D

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Eipppppp "

LOL! where do you find these GIFS?????"

Heheh one of my main talent (besides chugging Nutella) is ro interprete my feelings hehe ;) and if youre asking seriously I GOOGLE THIS BITCH :D I just write "excited gif" on ma bitch google and boom :D xxoox

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Penelope wrote: "HOMG, yaaaay! Thanks for the heads up, Sue! ♥"

Thanks Penelope. Yes, awesome news! = DD [happy dances]

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Sue darling you know I love you like more then anything ....... but this is making my heart and especially body smi..."

LOL! Is that your X-rated name for Nutella? Hehe.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Eipppppp "

LOL! where do you find these GIFS?????"

Heheh one of my main talent (besides chugging Nutella) is ro i..."

Ah, google your emotions. I never thought to do that. I wonder what GIF comes up if we google. I ran out of Nutella and so did the store, hehe.

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Sue darling you know I love you like more then anything ....... but ..."

Hahaha it is you clever ,clever girl :D

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Eipppppp "

Heheh one of my..."

You really wanna know its these ;)

message 33: by SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ (last edited Oct 18, 2014 12:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Eipppppp "

LOL! where do you fin..."

LOL! WelI suppose it makes sense that we aren't the only ones addicted. I wonder if there will be GIFs dedicated to Liam Callahan too #FinallyWeHaveADateForOurNextRendezvous!

ღFloღ the coffee addict So excited. Can't wait to read this one. Lovely gifs, Sue!! <33

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ ღFloღ the coffee addict wrote: "So excited. Can't wait to read this one. Lovely gifs, Sue!! <33"

Thanks so much Flo! I agree. I get butterflies just re-reading my quotes for book 1. These two are beyond electric together. Epic. = DD

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Calla..."

Hehehhe have seen the guy in ma statys or heck this man who DAFUQ LOOKS LIKE THAT ;)

message 37: by Nick (new)

Nick cool review Sue:))

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! Dear god have mercy SUEEEEEEEEE liam wtf

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote:..."

[licks screen] Oh la la. Who is that???

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Etnik wrote: "cool review Sue:))"

Many thanks Etnik! = ))

Hahhah :D lè I don't know mrfuckingirresistible.*heavy breathe but im trolling him as we speak ,fingers and certing parts crossed I find this Piece of a male specimen ;)

Which one though the ciggy one or the one with the eyes ;)

message 43: by SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ (last edited Oct 18, 2014 01:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Dear god have mercy SUEEEEEEEEE liam wtf "
 photo RPHxBSbysb_zps686a708e.gif

Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Dear god have mercy SUEEEEEEEEE liam wtf "

"

Waaaay better than mine I mean its COLIN BLOODY FARELL ;) *closes her legs :D

Oh I agree! See if you can obtain his home address... ; )) LOL!

Eyes! [swoon]

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! wrote: "Dear god have mercy SUEEEEEEEEE liam wtf "

Waaaay better than ..."

Noooo I believe his name is Liam Callahan and you seem to have the notion you are somehow married to him, hehe

Hahaha right on it ;) but I genuinely think its in New York probably have to look for house address hahah :D but im on it *I wish on him* hahah I went there ;)

message 49: by Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan! (last edited Oct 18, 2014 02:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Im sure he's some exotic model (still searching) ;)

LOL! In other world outside our book/GR word some miiiiight find this stalker-ish behaviour, but I see it as perfectly normal to marry heroes from books and look for home addresses so one can stop by... LOL!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6