eq's Reviews > Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook

Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

Mar 16, 2010

did not like it

I wasn't really enticed by any of these recipes. Nothing popped out and said, EAT ME! I think a good portion also had to do with the photography, which was a tad on the cyan side and made me gag a little. Perhaps it's just the vegan lifestyle... No! I take that back. I've read and tried alot of different vegan recipes in my time and I think focusing on the simplicity of the elements within the recipe should be the focus. Clearly, not the case with this cookbook.

Check out 101cookbooks or Cucina Nicolina for better recipes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Veganomicon.

message 1: by Brendan (new)

Brendan I have to disagree. I've made a lot of the recipes in this book and really like them. (I'm a vegetarian but not a vegan.) I've even gotten my very picky kids to eat a lot of stuff from this book--though without identifying it as vegan, of course.
To me this cookbook really represents a step forward for vegan cooking away from nutritional yeast nut loaves and toward really good food that just happens to be vegan.

message 2: by eq (new) - rated it 1 star

eq To each their own.

message 3: by JPM (new) - rated it 5 stars

JPM You have to wonder about the motives of someone who would give such a well-rated, universally celebrated, open-minded cookbook a shocking single-star rating. What is it about the vegan lifestyle that you disagree with? Surely not the alleged exclusivity, superiority, or wanting to stand out.

message 4: by eq (new) - rated it 1 star

eq No need to be so mean! Just didn't like the cookbook. To each their own.