Majanka's Reviews > Inquisitor

Inquisitor by R.J. Blain

bookshelves: reviews-may-2014, urban-fantasy, fantasy, book-tours

Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

I’m not overly fond of werewolves, but I decided to pick up Inquisitor anyway, and I’m glad I did. What lured me in about the premise was the murder mystery, and how the main character gets accused of a crime she didn’t commit. I love a good murder mystery, and if you throw in false accusations, and paranormal creatures, then I’m all ears.

While the murders are the red wire throughout the book – if Allison doesn’t solve them, she’ll get executed, because people believe she commited the murders – there’s plenty of other stuff going on. To top off the string of murders, all of the victims are werewolves.

Also, there aren’t just werewolves. Think witches, shamans, weather magic, basically anything you can possibly think of. R.J. Blain has established a fantasy world with diverse characters, an intriguing setting, and a solid main character – and I hope there will be plenty of other adventures in this world, because the world building truly impressed me.

Allison is an easy character to relate to. She’s strong, determined, intelligent, witty, and the ideal person to solve these murders. She’s the kind of heroine one can’t help but look up to.

On the downside, some parts of the book were a little confusing, and while the writing was strong, I think it could’ve been a little tighter.

A solid urban fantasy novel though, and great for all fans of the genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inquisitor.

Started Reading