Lynsey (A Bookish Life)'s Reviews > Sidekick

Sidekick by Auralee Wallace

5112089

I got nothin'

Oh, what madcap fun this was! I'm trying to think of a comparison for you to convey the tone used. It's certainly not serious urban fantasy. The heroine was mad as a box of cheese. The love interest was nerdalicious. The hero mentor was disdainfully brilliant. The bizarre, circus freak bad guys seemed very Gotham City to me. So I'm going to have to go with Batman as the tone.

In particular, because the "superheroes" are only heroes in the sense they have trained their bodies to be the best at what they do, and their minds to be fearless. There's no scientific experiment gone wrong, or super-humanness. And that's closest to Batman too, right? I'm not too up on my comic book heroes, you'll have to forgive me. And from what I do know, they've never before been led by a former Paris Hilton-esque heiress who has seen the error of her ways, and the evil of her father's, and has decided to TAKE ON THE WORLD ONE BAD DUDE AT A TIME!

*thunderclap*

It was just... I don't even know what word I want. Awesome is so overused. Crazy is certainly accurate, but not descriptive enough. It was a crazy, hilarious, nerdy wondersauce of fantasmical amazement.

Do you need anything more?

Good. Now go buy it and enjoy!

4 Stars ★★★★

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sidekick.

May 20, 2014 – Started Reading
May 20, 2014 – Shelved
May 20, 2014 –
10.0% "Madcap is the word for this book so far. Fun, fun."
May 25, 2014 – Finished Reading