Trish's Reviews > Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10

Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

Mar 15, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: nonfiction, war, asia

I read this because I'd read the earlier Robert's Ridge by war reporter Malcolm MacPherson and wanted to see what had happened to Luttrell when he got separated from his team. I know what happened to the others---they, and many more, all died. I can understand it took years for Luttrell to be able to talk about that time on Robert's Ridge, and I can understand his deep and abiding anger. His side of the story is as fascinating in its way as that written by MacPherson, but MacPherson is a wordsmith. Therefore, I recommend reading MacPherson first, and then Luttrell’s experience will make all the more sense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lone Survivor.

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Robert's Ridge happened in 2002. These are two separate events. I was just talking to a patron about both books who went into great detail.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (oops) and was happy to explain both episodes. i am looking forward to readin both.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth um, reading. i need to go to bed! :)

Trish Elizabeth wrote: "Robert's Ridge happened in 2002. These are two separate events. I was just talking to a patron about both books who went into great detail."

Thanks for that. I was completely convinced that the two stories related to the same incident, but truthfully I have only a vague notion of the battles. Then I insist one must read both books.