Keith Shovlin's Reviews > The Bird Room

The Bird Room by Chad Hofmann

May 18, 2014

The short review: Well, I guess I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight, or any other night for the near future.

The Long review: Let me start this with a warning, don't read these stories in the dark off an eReader. They draw you in. In a few short lines, they give you all the information you need to be pulled into each of their worlds. They make you feel what the main characters are feeling, and you get caught up. The senses align and the ending comes as the surprise you need, and then you're free. Unless you turn the page, and delve right back into some other poor soul's faithful tale.

My only complaint is that I want more. Some of the stories flow perfectly and reach their natural conclusion. Others end and leave you hanging, hoping to find out the rest. This whole collection intrigued me and kept me in its grips, sometimes past the time I should really put it down. And you must put it down, just so you can look around and see that the world you live in is just as you remember it.

Thank you for sharing these deep and dark tales of suspense. They kept me on my toes, and even several days after reading them, they still stick with me, and probably will for sometime. Now I'm going to go and stare at my ceiling for awhile and try not to listen to the strange sounds and voices coming from outside my bedroom door and window.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bird Room.

May 18, 2014 – Started Reading