Amelia's Reviews > Pieces of Me

Pieces of Me by Carrigan Richards

Received an ebook from the author in return for an honest review.

I read this book in two sittings, it would have been one, which is extremely rare for me.
The book follows a girl who is living in a psychiatric home. Throughout the novel there are flashbacks as she tells either her fellow residents or her therapist the reasons she has been sent there. At first these flashbacks threw me off, but after a couple I settled into the story and understood what they were. You get to learn about Corinne's life before the incidents and everything in between.
The characters in the book were all brilliant, every girl should want a boyfriend just like James. Then there's Lisa, poor Lisa, I actually liked this character even though she is the cause of many problems. I believe her to be a realistic teenager who is just trying to cope.
The portrayal of Corinne's attitude when she first becomes part of the psychiatric home is on many would share. Simply that they would "pump me full of pills" throughout she does learn this isn't the case.
This story also deals with simple misunderstandings in a realistic way. The basis of love, friendship and loss are all dealt with in a way that is accessible to even those who haven't felt all of these.

On a final note, I would recommend this book to my friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pieces of Me.

May 18, 2014 – Started Reading