Cara's Reviews > The Grimm Legacy

Mar 14, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, fantasy, fairy-tales, awesome-covers
Recommended to Cara by: Ash
Read from August 16 to 26, 2010

Ms.Shulman totally gets fairy tale readers. When I finised this book I thought; Now why didn't I think of that?

Elizabeth at the moment is friendless. Her best friend has moved to California and she is still trying to get accustomed to her new home situation, new stepmother and two step-sisters who thankfully are at a college now. Things start to shift when Elizabeth decides to do her paper in history over the Grimm fairy tales. Elizabeth's history teacher gives her a recommendation to work at a library. But she will find out this is not like any library she has ever been to, in this library you can check out magical objects which of course opens up a whole can of trouble.

While working at the library she gets to meet the other pages: Anjali-beautiful and nice , Marc- star athlete and super good looking, and Andrew- serious, caring and funny. The pages, with the help of some younger siblings, will have to solve the mystery of the missing objects in the library. They find out soon enough that to find lost magic, you have to use magic. Suffice to say it's beyond interesting to see how they pull this off.

I really REALLY had the deep need to be able to read the entire book. I had to turn it in the next day and I read up till the last minute, so I could feed the need to know what happened. I am so glad I did. There were a few fairy tales mentioned in the story that I never heard of, and it's always a plus to find out something you didn't know about. The one thing I enjoyed the most (other than the idea of the library) was the dynamic between the characters. It's uncertain but still heart-warming. If you are looking for an original idea this is it. The only reason why I docked off a star was because I would have liked to have seen how Elizabeth's homelife developed. I will definitely read more of this author's writing.

Ok so can anybody give me any idea how to get this job? Seriously.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Grimm Legacy.

08/21/2010 page 336
06/11/2016 marked as: read

Asoooma aljazzar i would be in that job if i have found it

Cara I know right?:D

Kenzie what was the main idea was it that she got the job and made friends or that there was a magical stuff in there???

Asoooma aljazzar Kenzie wrote: "what was the main idea was it that she got the job and made friends or that there was a magical stuff in there???"

I think its that there was a magical stuff in there

message 5: by Skylar (new)

Skylar Batz-labelle U should read ealsewere... It's so good

Cara Thanks for the recommendation Skylar:)

Booknerd2425 I just finished reading this and I totally enjoyed and I think Polly Shulman should further the story of these characters and I liked all the characters such as Elizabeth, Anjali, Marc, and Aaron but also Jaya and Andre.