Jeff Kinsey's Reviews > Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers

Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey A. Moore

2193989
Mar 14, 2010

In 2003 I reached a simple conclusion: I knew nothing about Marketing. Having created a Marketing company during college (after owning several businesses and spending more than a year selling advertising for a newspaper) with paying customers and everything!

So, I immersed myself in learning everything possible about Marketing in the context of small privately held firms. After seven years, I can honestly say that I now know nothing about Marketing... except that I know more than 99% of the people who claim they do.

This book changed my life, and the lives of my clients. I bought it in April 1999 and skimmed it. But it was not until April 2009 that I dug in to learn its secrets. I was simply amazed.

If Marketing touches any part of your business (or personal) life, you must buy, read, and re-read this book. Until you understand the power of referenceability, may I be so bold as to suggest that you are clueless about Marketing?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossing the Chasm.

Quotes Jeff Liked

Geoffrey A. Moore
“The Bots are taking over”
Geoffrey A. Moore, Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers

Geoffrey A. Moore
“First there is a mountain, Then there is no mountain, Then there is. —Zen proverb”
Geoffrey A. Moore, Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling Disruptive Products to Mainstream Customers

Started Reading
May 31, 2009 – Finished Reading
March 14, 2010 – Shelved

message 1: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Moran I am only 72 pages in and already I'm having huge "why didn't I read this earlier???" moments...

Jeff Kinsey Ashley wrote: "I am only 72 pages in and already I'm having huge "why didn't I read this earlier???" moments..."
----

Yep. It should be required reading for all business "professionals" regardless the industry.

message 3: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Moran Are there any other good followup books for when I've finished this? I just drew CRT and it revealed that (my ignorance of) marketing is a huge constraint on my business. Or this this The Goal of marketing books and makes everything else look a bit tame? :)

Jeff Kinsey I keep forgetting to mention that I love the scenarios about Jerome. However, Moore killed Jerome off in the 2nd Ed! So you really ought to own both editions. Geoff, if you are listening, you need to make the original version available on Kindle.