Kat 's Reviews > Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

bookshelves: heartfelt-books, borrowed, good-contemporary

Thirteen Reasons Why is a book that I saw frequently on bookshelves in bookstores but never bothered to consider actually buying it because I didn't feel that I would like it. One day I was perusing the shelves at my local library, saw this book- and decided to pick it up.

I'm so glad I did.

I was on a roller coaster of emotions when I read Thirteen Reasons Why. I cried, I awwed, I wanted to throw the book at the wall.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher is a very heartfelt book. I could connect with the main character and also Hannah. I could feel what Clay felt when he was listening to the tapes.

This book reminded me of how dangerous and terrifying bullying can be to a person, and never to mock someone who is in dire need of help. Throughout this book, we see how the effects of bullying can quickly build up over time and for the person who is being bullied- the emotional and physical toll is huge.

My rating for this book is 4-4.5 stars. I'd definitely recommend this book for teenagers as this book deals with one of the major issues that teenagers face nowadays. It is also an ideal read for adults as they need to be aware that bullying should not be taken lightly.
1 like · flag