Kristin (Young Adult Book Haven)'s Reviews > The Secrets of Lily Graves

The Secrets of Lily Graves by Sarah Strohmeyer

My Thoughts:
Wow, first off let me say that this book completely and totally surprised me. This is the first book I have read by Sarah Strohmeyer, her books seemed too contemporary for me and I was a bit hesitant about this one but, it sucked me in right away and was right up my alley. It was full of mystery, a bit of romance, and finding out whodunit. I liked Lily right off the bat, I tend to enjoy characters who are different and don’t care what other people think and Lily was definitely one of those people. They mystery wasn’t a complete surprise but, Strohmeyer did have me questioning and guessing which kept me glued to every page.
Lily has always been a bit different, her classmates have known it, avoiding her birthday parties because she lives in a funeral parlor with her mom, aunt, and grandma. She wears all black and is interested in death and mortuary science. For the summer she has been tutoring the hot football player Matt Houser in History and his girlfriend Erin does not like it. When Matt dumps her, Erin immediately comes after Lily thinking it’s all her fault when in reality she and Matt were just friends. But, the next morning Erin is dead and the finger pointing is at Matt and Lily, everyone believes he dumped Erin for Lily.
I was surprised at how quickly I flew through this book, I loved Lily and solving the case along with Lily, Matt, and her best friend Sarah. Lily and Matt are immediately the top two suspects in the case. Her family is warning her to stay away and she would not let them sway what she knew to be true, Matt didn’t kill Erin.
Overall, Secrets of Lily Graves was a great mystery full of twists that I wasn’t expecting, an adorable romance, and many more secrets. I agree with the summary it has a little bit of a Pretty Little Liars vibe, so if you enjoy the books or the show I definitely think you will enjoy this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secrets of Lily Graves.

May 16, 2014 – Started Reading
May 16, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014-netgalley-edelweiss-challeng
May 16, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014-standalone-reading-challenge
May 16, 2014 – Shelved
May 16, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014
May 16, 2014 –
18.0% "Definitely intriguing so far, I like lily"
May 16, 2014 – Finished Reading