Natalie's Reviews > Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!

Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels

F 50x66
Mar 13, 2010

bookshelves: nutrition, read-in-2010

I was not expecting an informed and well written book from Jillian Michaels. I have never seen her on The Biggest Loser but I am a big fan of her workout dvds. I reserved this book a the library because I thought it was fitness book or workout book, not a nutrition book.
I was pleasantly surprised! The book is in the line of Micheal Pollan's In Defense of Food, or the Skinny Bitch book, with a message to eat whole, unprocessed natural foods, eat organic,avoid chemicals in the diet and surrounding when ever possible.
It backs up its information with a lot of scientific support, and gives helpful information and tips.
Unlike the Skinny Bitch book, it has a less extreme view and Jillian recognizes we cannot all follow the book to the letter,if nothing else because of the high cost of eating organics. Jillian herself is not as tough as in the DVD's but seeing as it is not a diet book, and more a change your lifestyle book, that is good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master Your Metabolism.

March 13, 2010 – Started Reading