Claire's Reviews > Dragon Haven

Dragon Haven by Robin Hobb

F 50x66
Mar 13, 2010

Read from March 13 to 17, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

This is the sequel to "Dragon Keeper". These are the first Robin Hobb books I've read.

I really liked the characters in this story, and the way that they progress and change throughout the story. But that's all it was, for the most part - not a lot happens, plot-wise. It is quite slow going. And I do feel that this and "Dragon Keeper" should have been one long book (perhaps with some editing!) rather than two separate ones, because not much at all happens in book 1 (it takes about halfway for the storyline to begin - a bit too long).

The ending (which, really, is what we'd all been waiting for) wraps up in about 20 pages. It feels incredibly rushed, and I wish she had spent more time on this, and less on the relationships between the characters! I was quite disappointed. And there were a lot of loose ends, so I do hope there is another (but perhaps with more of a storyline).

I did really like the letters between Erek and Detozi though, and the notes posted between places gave a glimpse into what was going on in Bingtown while the dragons and Tarman travelled. (Though I must confess, until towards the end of the book, I hadn't actually realised that Detozi was female.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Haven.

03/13/2010 page 53