Books&Dreams's Reviews > Jayde

Jayde by Savannah  Stewart

May 15, 2014

photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

Review was left by Marilyn a Book Worms Reviewer thank you Marilyn.
We gave this book 5 stars!

Jayde -Behind the Words Series #2
by Savannah Stewart
---------------------------------------------------------------
5 Stars for an outstanding emotional story line. BOX OF TISSUE ALERT!!

Jayde - Behind the Words Series #2 is the second installment in the Behind the Words series by Savannah Stewart. Even though this is the second book in the series it can be read as a standalone. However, you may enjoy reading Arianna (the first book in the series) to get a better understanding of the characters portrayed throughout.

Jayde does focus mainly around Jayde Kimberland in this constantly topsy turvy rollercoaster ride that fate just has to rears its ugly head at almost every turn. The opening prologue had me riveted to my seat with the question of who and how and what the hell is going on. Then OMG I'm hooked.
The main characters in Jayde are:
-Jayde Kimberland the second half of musical duo The Daughters of Darkness, who has been living the dream as the opening act for the rock group known as From Yesterday.
-Nate Daniels He's the sexy, romantic true gentleman "good boy" the one constant person, in Jayde life, who would do anything for Jayde, anything.
-Cash O'Brien - The sassy oozes sex appeal drummer for From Yesterday. Who can't seem to get his head screwed on straight. Drugs, booze and groupies seem to follow this bad boy around. He cares for Jayde or so he says.

As the tour winds down Jayde returns home to Kentucky and almost at once her world begins to crumble around her. In no time she finds herself lost, lonely, and utterly confused dealing with a cheating lover and an unexpected pregnancy. Jayde has no choice but to make decisions that haunt her constantly leaving her second guessing her every move. And just when she thinks her life is going great fate rears its ugly head again and throws a complete and utterly devastating tragedy at her doorstep.
Will Jayde be able to let go of the past and try to find happiness again? How will she deal with the shattered love now gone and the decisions she made? ...................

Jayde is one dynamic emotional story of heartbreaking loss, hope and undying love that on more than one occasion had me wanting to slap Jayde up against the head and yell "what are you thinking". I cried, I laughed, I cried some more. I became so engrossed in this story that I did not want to put this book down until I was finished reading the very last sentence.
Hats off to Savannah Stewart for the outstanding job of writing Jayde and making sure the characters from her first book (Ariannia) were intertwined in this story line. Her next book in the series is Poppy one which I look forward to reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jayde.

Started Reading