Amber ~ The Reading Addict's Reviews > The Reckoning

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

I can honestly say that I loved this book. Everything about it was perfect. The characters, the plot, the pacing, everything. I was hoping for a grand finale at the end of this series, and I got it. I was a little worried that the book wouldn't live up to my expectations and all the hype. I shouldn't have worried. I couldn't have asked for a better ending.

Kelley Armstrong is such a talented writer. I devoured the book, hanging on her every word. I was desperate to find out what happens next, but I was also reluctant to finish this amazing series. I have to admit, the plot threw me for a loop. I had no idea who to trust, and it seems that behind each mystery there is another secret that Chloe must deal with.

Chloe is such a wonderful female protagonist. In the first book, she is a jumpy and somewhat meek little girl who can barely deal with her own insecurities. It was fascinating to watch her mature into a strong, determined young woman. Realistic and admirable, Chloe is everything that I look for in a female character.

Oh, the romance.... *stares off into space.* Sorry. I was just thinking about how much I loved reading about Chloe's love life. In the first two books, Chloe is a little too preoccupied with her own survival to worry about her relationships. In this book, things finally heat up. I won't ruin anything, but I will say that I'm very happy with how everything works out. There were so many parts that had me melting inside.

I know that Armstrong plans to write more books in this series, but with different characters. Still, I can't help but hope that we'll see more of Derek, Simon, Tori, Chloe and Liz. A few ends were left untied, and I don't know if I can go without knowing how some things work out.

This was a rather long review. I usually try to keep my reviews shorter, but I just had so much to say about this phenomenal novel. I'll end with this: you absolutely must look into this series. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reckoning.

March 12, 2010 – Shelved
April 11, 2010 – Started Reading
April 12, 2010 –
page 172
43.99% "Wow. This is amazingly addicting."
April 13, 2010 –
page 309
79.03% "best in the series!"
April 13, 2010 – Finished Reading