Almas Nasar's Reviews > Things a Little Bird Told Me: Confessions of the Creative Mind

Things a Little Bird Told Me by Biz Stone

bookshelves: reviewed, own, favorites

"The other thing I ll say about money is that having a lot of it amplifies who you are.I have found this to be almost universally true.If you are a nice person, and then you get money, you become a wonderful philanthropist.But if you are an asshole with lots of money you can afford to be more of an asshole"

Easily a 5 starer!

Its mostly a stroke of amazing luck to find a fulfilling companion during your dark days.I plucked this one during my exams when my patience and attention were seeing themselves cripple under the tedium of education.
This book dished me out light and happy morsels of entertainment with its short chapters.What I love about Biz stone narration is how he concludes every story by bringing it to full circle.There are fresh axioms and yet it does not sound too instructive.It astounds me after every chapter to think that this guy(perhaps because of his natural humbleness) is the face of twitter!That founders and billionaires can actually be such individuals with wacky humor and apparently uncalculated personality.At least I always thought a project as huge as Twitter was backed by a breed of quite,shrewd,measured people who didnt go around quoting a funny several digit value for their company at an official meeting before their other driven and far richer contemporaries.Also because its an atypical rags to riches story,where imperfections of life are openly endorsed, it will resonate with you forever.
And hence the freshness of the read.

With someone like Biz stone writing them, I would like to pick up reads on the invention of other favorites of mine like Tumblr,Goodreads and perhaps the future mega's like Jelly and Medium without thinking twice!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things a Little Bird Told Me.

May 15, 2014 – Shelved
June 12, 2014 – Finished Reading
June 16, 2014 – Shelved as: reviewed
June 16, 2014 – Shelved as: own
June 16, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Aiza (new) - added it

Aiza How was it?

Almas Nasar Its a no-nonsense book,light,peppy and extremely entertaining!

message 3: by Aiza (new) - added it

Aiza I am definitely gonna read it!

Aida Amazing review! :*