Ashley's Reviews > The Spell of Summer

The Spell of Summer by Dianna Hardy

bookshelves: own, kindle
Recommended to Ashley by: The Paranormal Bookshelf
Recommended for: Romance lovers
Read 2 times. Last read June 2, 2014 to June 4, 2014.

I received this ARC from the author (Dianna Hardy) for an honest to goodness review. I am a part of the Review Team @ The Paranormal Bookshelf.

Category: Love, Romance, Life
Spoilers: NONE
Book #1 in the Once Times Thrice series

Okay I have read many Dianna Hardy books and must say that as an author she has captivated me several times with her style of writing. I thought after the Witching Pen series ended that I probably wouldn't find another of her books as fascinating and all around gripping.....but I am once again in love with her book. The first thing I have to comment on is the absolute love I have for her grammer and the way she talks in the book. I have never been to London or anywhere overseas before and when I am reading her books it's like I am transformed there and I am not lost or confused. It gives the books so much character. LOVE IT!

The next thing I adored about this book is that the two main character's story really struck home with me. I think as an adult we can all look back and ask ourselves, "what if." And I love how the author takes those feelings and emotions and just blatantly plays with our hearts through her words. It's addictive and amazingly wonderful. I have never been a huge fan of tear jerkers before but this one, go ahead and grab the box of Kleenex because you will need it a time or two. So major kudos to you Dianna Hardy. You've done it again and your fans are in for one heck of a treat. Can't wait to see what you come out with next. Don't keep us waiting for too long. And just for the record I would love a shirt that read, "I want a love like Jamie." I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars! YAY!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spell of Summer.

Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
May 15, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
May 15, 2014 – Shelved
May 28, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
May 28, 2014 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
June 2, 2014 – Started Reading