Aoife's Reviews > The Sherlock Holmes Handbook

Mar 12, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: our-favourite-consulting-detective
Read in August, 2010

Good thing about this book: The cover is really pretty

Bad thing about this book: I've no idea at whom this book is aimed.
For someone who is new to Sherlock Holmes the books contain certainly some interesting information about him and give a good overview but they also contain spoilers for many stories (and I don't mean only 'The final Problem')
For someone who already knows the stories the book doesn't really offer anything new. It has only superficial information about the stories and quite a lot of quotes. At a few point it mentions some of the theories surrounding Holmes but only in a few sentences.

So if you're new to Holmes and don't mind being spoilered this book is certainly helpful, for anybody who already knows him it's propably quite boring.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sherlock Holmes Handbook.

12/14/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Yami (new)

Yami thanks for sharing this review , it DID help me to decide, cos for me it will be boring and a SPOILER

Aoife Yami wrote: "thanks for sharing this review , it DID help me to decide, cos for me it will be boring and a SPOILER"

Glad to have helped XD (I was seduced by the pretty cover and the name Sherlock Holmes...at least I can help others avoid making that mistake)