Adrianna's Reviews > Love and Other Foreign Words

Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan

May 14, 2014

bookshelves: in-2014

Such a funny and witty book just like the main character Josie. Josie calls herself a pro at translating and changing modes between different "dialects" of language in her daily life, except for one, Love. Throughout the book we see Josie struggle to find out what love is, and if her sister is really in love. When her sister gets engaged to a cocky, arrogant, guy names Geoff, Josie cannot stand right off the bat. She sets out to try to break up her sisters engagement, without realizing that maybe her sister is really in love. At the end Josie realizes that there are different kinds of love, that the meaning of love is ambiguous, but that love is the language between two people that can never be broken.

There were times when I was annoyed by Josie because at times she was being selfish, but other times I completely agreed with her and found myself relating to her.

I enjoyed the fun book, and found myself giggling throughout the book. It's a good summer read. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love and Other Foreign Words.

Started Reading