For the Love of Books & Alcohol Blog's Reviews > Within Temptation

Within Temptation by Tanya Holmes

“A life lived in fear is a life half lived”

Please prepare yourself for one hell of a rollercoaster ride. Within Temptation by Tanya Holmes is just that. It has everything. Murder, lies, sexual tension, abuse, botched memories. The list goes on. When I was given this ARC to read, I thought I was getting a contemporary romance with a hint of a murder mystery. Boy was I wrong. The plot is so full of twists and turns I was desperate to know the truth by the end. As for the romance? I was sincerely afraid that my nook was going to catch on fire it was so hot!

Trace Dawson has just been released from prison after 12 years for the murder of Shannon Bradford’s mother. The Bradfords are the wealthiest family in town and Trace was a bad boy whose family made their living by working for the Bradfords. Shannon was always enamored with Trace, however at the age of 14 she was the main witness that sent him to prison for her mother’s murder. Now that he is out and has returned to their small town, her whole life is being turned upside down and she is beginning to question everything and everyone she knows. Did Trace really murder her mother? Why are her memories so distorted? And how can there still be so much sexual tension between her and this man who may or may not have murdered her mother?

Sound complicated? That is just the tip of the iceberg. The secrets and twists just kept pouring out with every page turned. The plot was absolutely amazing. This book was unlike anything I have read. Some romance novels have the heat but they lack story and content. This is certainly not the case here. There is a lot of buildup and a lifetime of sexual tension that has to be dealt with. Oh, and the small fact that Shannon is engaged to the prosecuting attorney who put Trace in prison just complicates things more.

I honestly do not have anything negative to say about this story. The plot is great, the characters are well rounded and their connections are believable. The story plays out perfectly, with the secrets and details revealed at just the right pace. The story keeps you guessing until the very end and the climax is one of the best I’ve read. If this is Ms. Holmes first novel, I can’t wait to see what else she has coming.

5 stars and lots of shots of Herradura Tequila! Enjoy!

This ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review.

Read our other Book & Drink Parings at www.fortheloveofbooksandalcohol.com

For the Love of Books & Alcohol

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Within Temptation.

May 11, 2014 – Started Reading
May 11, 2014 – Shelved
May 19, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Tianna I'm so glad you enjoyed this!!

For the Love of Books & Alcohol Blog Thank you!!!