Angie's Reviews > Things a Little Bird Told Me: Confessions of the Creative Mind

Things a Little Bird Told Me by Biz Stone

liked it
bookshelves: 2014, 3-stars, net-galley, non-fiction, reviewed

37% memoir
54% self-help/inspiration
33% philanthropy
0% math

Super quick read about the founding of Twitter, its triumphs and failures, touches of Stone's personal life and lots and lots of his personal philosophies.

If you're looking for the big answer as to how to become a giant success in the tech industry, I'll sum it up for you:

Keep trying till something sticks and don't be afraid to walk away from huge opportunities if they don't feel right.Good job at Google? Walk away. Half of a billion dollar offer from Mark Zuckerberg for your company because you jokingly throughout that amount on a whim? Walk away.

No. Really. That's the way Biz Stone lives his life - by following his gut. I get that, I identify with that. I've lived my life that way for the most part (when possible to do so without the story ending with me living in my car). But who among us mere mortals could walk away from 500 million dollars? Not me. Gimme.

There are lots of great takeaways if you're looking for a little inspiration in your life. A little "see! This guy did it!" Overall, Biz seems like a likable guy and has taken advantage of his good luck to give back. The last bit of the book focuses on charity work which is nice is to see. I wasn’t super interested in Stone or the founding of Twitter prior to this book and I still found it to be a really enjoyable read.

The required disclaimer: I received a copy from the publisher for review.

He was so proud of his app.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things a Little Bird Told Me.

May 11, 2014 – Shelved
June 17, 2014 – Shelved as: net-galley
June 17, 2014 – Shelved as: non-fiction
June 17, 2014 – Finished Reading
June 28, 2014 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Elle (new) - added it

Elle Ha! That percentage breakdown is pretty accurate.