Michelle Leah Olson's Reviews > Lay Me Down

Lay Me Down by Erin Kellison

Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Chelle:
*Copy gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review

"Dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before", Lay Me Down picks up where Darkness Falls (book #1 of the REVELERS series) leaves off and takes us on the journey of our 2nd power couple of the series, Steve and Maisie.

Where Darkness Falls set the stage with explaining the Reves, introducing the characters, setting the groundwork for some of the rules, and showing us the darknesss Darkside, Lay Me Down kicks up the mystery and delves more into some of the big bads that I can only assume will continue to plague our heroes and heroines throughout the series. And in true Erin Kellison fashion, the antagonist is a despicable one. Plus, just when you think that he may have been dealt with, it's revealed that he will, indeed, be back for more mayhem.

I simply love Maisie. She kind of reminds me of myself in a lot of ways. I knew from book #1 that I'd like her, and her own book, with glimpses deeper into who she really is, simply reinforced that. Steve's a great hero too, and his secret and added power as Chimera and a Reveler was a nice twist. I didn't connect with him quite as much as I did with Rook, but he was still fun to read.

My only complaint... I wanted more. Given the novella length of the book, things felt a bit rushed to me and other things felt a little incomplete. I'm assuming that we will get more of the missing pieces as the series continues, however, so I'm only wanting more soon. Good thing book #3 will be available 6/9/14!

This series is one that you don't want to miss. Book #1 was instantly compelling, utterly intriguing, chock full of absolutely incredible characters, and had plenty of wit and sexiness to round out the dark goodness, and book #2 had intrigue, surprise, action and mystery. REVELERS is highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lay Me Down.

May 10, 2014 – Shelved