Eric's Reviews > Inquisitor

Inquisitor by R.J. Blain

did not like it
bookshelves: unfinished, contemporary, ebooks, fantasy

This book desperately needs editing. Simple, obvious errors like putting Saigon in Korea, as well as continuity problems like planning to do something tomorrow she'd finished 3 paragraphs before plague the book.

The story itself was pretty mediocre. It starts with conflict that requires an emotional investment before we are familiar enough with the MC to care. The character herself reads more as a collection of quirks than a real character, and those quirks don't make a lot of sense together.

I feel like this idea had potential, but the book didn't live up to it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inquisitor.

May 10, 2014 – Started Reading
May 10, 2014 – Shelved
May 16, 2014 – Shelved as: unfinished
May 16, 2014 – Shelved as: contemporary
May 16, 2014 – Shelved as: ebooks
May 16, 2014 – Shelved as: fantasy
May 16, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Blain Thank you for your review.

message 2: by Eric (new) - rated it 1 star

Eric R.J. wrote: "Thank you for your review.

If you would like a refund for the book, please email a screenshot of the order confirmation to blain.rj @ gmail.com (remove spaces) and I will issue a refund."

I appreciate your willingness to do this, but it's not necessary. I borrowed it from the Amazon Prime library, but even if I'd bought it I wouldn't. I don't expect to get my money back on books that aren't my cup of tea.

message 3: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Blain I have corrected the error in question, so I appreciate your addressing it in the review.