Sofia The Great's Reviews > Digital Heretic

Digital Heretic by Terry Schott

5420503

liked it
bookshelves: 2015

3 Platypires for Digital Heretic by Terry Schott.

“Words and truth follow the basic laws of physics. For every truth there is a contradicting lie. If you search for the truth with an open mind, looking at both sides of the story to form your own opinion, you will soon become so confused that you’ll believe anything.”

Digital Heretic is the second book in the Game is Life series. I really liked The Game, the first book in the series and really wanted to know the answers to all the unanswered questions. Terry Schoot has a great ability in pulling in his readers but I felt he did not do the greatest job giving answers. The second book just keeps adding more questions.
I also felt it had more unbelievable moments but I willing to let it slide because of the genre. Normally, I am not a fan of when science fiction mixes with religion because sometimes I feel there might be an ulterior motive. I just hope that is not the case in this series.
Normally I never mention how much I paid for a book but I feel I need to do so for this one. Book 1 was free which was great so I didn't think $4.99 was that bad. But its still pretty higher than normally priced indie books. Paying $4.99 I would expect the book to be properly formatted but this was not the case.The bad formatting made the reading at times difficult. Digital Heretic was released over 2 years ago (3 in January) and I recently noticed other reviewers mentioning the same issues. I feel those issues should have been fixed sooner. I did find out through social media that all the books in this series have good through reedits, formatting and new covers last month. That is all great but I did not receive the newer version or the update. I bought the book last April and do not think it should have been published if it wasn't properly done.
Now all that being said I did like the book and would like to see where the series goes. I am just not sure if I would ever buy any new releases from the author. I might have to wait a few years to make sure I get the proper version.
I would recommend this book to fans of the Matrix movies. The concepts are very similar and I think they would like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Digital Heretic.

Quotes Sofia Liked

Terry Schott
“I have been poor, and I have been rich. I don’t know that either has made me happy, but I preferred being sad and rich over sad and poor.”

Terry Schott
“You won’t find me wasting my entire life following someone else’s exploits and adventures. No, I much prefer to participate in my own life here on Tygon.”

May 9, 2014 – Shelved
May 9, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
July 3, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015
July 31, 2015 – Started Reading
July 31, 2015 –
8.0% "Humans are strange creatures, aren’t we? We can believe the unbelievable so easily at times, and doubt the truth just as readily at others.”"
August 5, 2015 –
September 22, 2015 –
40.0% "the devil?"
September 26, 2015 –
51.0% "The Devil , religion and virtual reality. not sure about this yet...."
November 4, 2015 –
November 13, 2015 –
November 21, 2015 –
75.0% "I should rewatch the Matrix."
November 23, 2015 – Finished Reading