Heather K (dentist in my spare time)'s Reviews > Sleigh Ride

Sleigh Ride by Heidi Cullinan

bookshelves: romance, m-m, kink, geeks, contemporary, holiday-story, cute-fluffy

**3.75 stars, rounded up because of that ending!**

This book was soooo sweet, like sugar-kink, holiday style!

I was a big fan of Let It Snow, and though I still like that story more, this was a very nice addition to the series.

I'm always a fan of opposite attract, and this book was exactly that. A fiery, enemies-to-lovers story with some very nice northern US atmosphere.

I think my favorite part of the book was the, well, books aspect of it! Gabriel is a skinny, buttoned up librarian and I adored how passionate he was about his job. Being able to connect and engage kids and get them excited about books is nothing to sneeze at. I was impressed with Gabriel and fell in love with his skills as a teacher and mentor to the families in his community. I want a Gabriel in my town!

I also really liked Arthur. I have a thing for hot redheads and I'm sure I would DIE for Arthur in real life. A hot, beefy ginger lumberjack-y man... *drools*

The chemistry between Arthur and Gabriel was REALLY hot... when we got it. A lot of the sex scenes are filled with introspection, which sort of took me out of the moments. I wanted these two men to get freaky. I KNOW they had it in them! Some of the scenes got steamy but the sex wasn't taken as far as I wanted it to go. In fact, I'd say this was one of Heidi's least erotic stories. That was a major sticking point for me because I saw the hotness potential with these two!

The chemistry was also a bit rushed for my taste. I didn't always buy it... until that lovely, ultra-romantic ending clinched the romance for me. It was swoon-worthy, I swear!

All in all, another sweet book in the lovable Minnesota Christmas series. All fans of Heidi's lighter stuff should certainly pick this up!

**Copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleigh Ride.

May 9, 2014 – Shelved