Celia's Reviews > The Knife of Never Letting Go

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

liked it
bookshelves: youngadult, dystopian, futuristic

I thought there was no way I was going to get into this book after the first couple of pages, and it took me a while to get into the swing of Todd's narration - he's the last boy in Prentisstown, in a world where the women have all died, and all the men can hear each other's thoughts. However, people can still keep secrets, despite the Noise (as all those thoughts are called, clamouring away at your senses) and when Tood discovers that the men of Prentisstown have been keeping a secret from him, he's forced to leave.

I don't want to reveal too much about the plot, as you need to just get into the swing of things and go with it to enjoy the book. I did find the continued appearance of the villain a little much - the story did the, "we thought he was dead, but he's BACK" too often for my taste. There are some truly devastating losses in this novel, and no happy endings - in fact, it ends on such an utterly depressing cliffhanger that I would only read it if you have the sequel nearby to get into straight away.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knife of Never Letting Go.