Sarah MacLean's Reviews > In Scandal They Wed

In Scandal They Wed by Sophie Jordan

Mar 08, 2010

bookshelves: historical, romance

In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that I love Sophie Jordan's books. There isn't one that I don't think is incredibly well-crafted, and so it seems inevitable that I would love In Scandal They Wed. And I did. ISTW is reminiscent of the very best of the genre -- the Johanna Lindsey and Julie Garwood days, when heroes were handsome and troubled and heroines made mistakes that mucked everything up, and we, as readers, just chewed our nails, wondered how happily ever after would ever happen for these two, and then sighed when it finally came.

That's the way it felt to read ISTW. Spencer is gorgeous and troubled, haunted by his dead cousin and devastated by what he perceives and his personal failures. Evie makes a snap decision that sets her on a path that any other woman in her position would make without question. And it is so so so fun to watch them struggle to get together. And when they finally do, it's oh-so-satisfying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Scandal They Wed.

Finished Reading