Keysha's Reviews > Chasing Brooklyn

Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder

Mar 08, 2010

bookshelves: read-in-2010, in-my-bookshelf, favorites
Recommended to Keysha by: Nana
Read 2 times. Last read March 8, 2010 to March 9, 2010.

When I finished reading Chasing Brooklyn I couldn’t helped but sighs not because it was a bad book, al contraire it was just amazing. I still don’t know if I could put in words the thoughts and feelings about this book but I shall try.

It was my first time reading a verse like book, I wasn’t even sure I was going to liked it but I was hooked after the ten first pages and believe me I think if it was written in any other way it wouldn’t have been so special and unique book. It was an emotional, gripping and beautiful story. There were times where I was smiling, others I was a bit spooked because of the supernatural factors of the story and others time I was a bit sad. This is how powerful this book, it takes you into an emotional ride but in the end it makes you hope, hope that after a situation such as difficult as loosing someone you love, you would be able to move on.

The story is narrate through Nico and Brooklyn point of view which interesting because you get to side of the lover and the side of the family of the person who passed away and how they dealt with their lost and how turning into each other helped them to heal and move on. And of course I can’t help to mention that I love Nico… totally cute and consistent character and you can’t really blame Brooklyn into trust him so easily.

So after all my ramblings about the book, I hope it sounds a good rambling so you would go and buy the book, because your money would be well spent and you would be so satisfied with when you are done, that you would try to review as I am now and not find the expert words of critic but you would rambling just like me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Brooklyn.

March 8, 2010 – Started Reading
March 9, 2010 – Finished Reading
August 8, 2010 – Shelved as: read-in-2010
January 17, 2011 – Shelved as: in-my-bookshelf
January 28, 2011 – Shelved as: favorites
Started Reading (Paperback Edition)
August 3, 2014 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
August 3, 2014 – Shelved as: read-in-2014 (Paperback Edition)
August 3, 2014 – Shelved as: in-my-bookshelf (Paperback Edition)
August 3, 2014 – Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)