♥Sharon♥'s Reviews > MacKenzie Fire

MacKenzie Fire by Elle Casey

5 CANDICE STOLE THE FREAKING SHOW STARS. Oh...AND IAN WAS SWEET AND SEXY TOO!

photo collage_zps4475b836.jpg

What a great read this was. I loved Mackenzie Fire but I have to say the one on “FIRE” in this book was my girl Candice. She rocked! Candice was quite the heroine. She was funny, sassy, sexy and she was one kick ass BFF. Here is a perfect quote from the book. “You are not just one person, Candice. You’re a whole tornado of a person.”

The gist of the story is Candice has come to Oregon to visit her best friend Andi. Andi is married to Mack and they are about to welcome their first baby. Candice is there to help with all of that which she is so excited about. Once she and Ian meet they make a connection of sorts. Something sparked between but neither one really knew what was really going on.

Ian is a great guy. He really is but he has been moody and irritable for the last couple of years. He went through a messy break-up and just hasn’t let go of things. It doesn’t help that those around him just allowed him to be this way but not Candice. She has decided it is time for him to realize he has to move on.

This book is chock full of hilarious moments. Whether it was the things going on between Candice and Ian, Candice and Andi, Candice and Ginny or Candice and Hannah (have you noticed the common denominator here) you will find yourself laughing out loud and turning the pages like crazy to get to the next moment. Beyond the humor something was brewing between Ian and Candice.

Of course neither one was expecting much from the other but things just started happening. With all that goes on, Ian and Candice start to change. Candice was finding herself wanting more than the hustle and bustle of the way her life was and Ian was slowly letting go of the past and finding himself again. But soon Candice would be heading home to Florida. What will come of these two?

Ian was great but honestly he did fall in the shadow of Candice, IMO. He wasn't always grumpy either. He was sexy, funny and sweet. Some of the moments he had with Candice were really tender.

Now let’s talk sexy times. I did find myself wanting more. When we finally do get some sexy times I was literally jumping for joy. I kid you not. I soaked up every single second and loved it all.

I loved Candice and her inner dialog….“I try not to look at him, but it’s impossible not to. His presence is totally commanding. I’ve heard that expression before, but until being around him I never really appreciated what it meant. He’s like the boss of my eyeballs or something.
Do not look at his package, Candice. Do not look at his package. My eyes move of their own accord. Oh dammit , you looked at his package! And … oh my … Oh my, my, my … There’s a giant bulge! Hooray for giant bulges and the jeans that let me see them!”

I really enjoyed the ending of the book too. I won’t say much but I thought it was a perfect ending for the two of them. I loved getting back with Andi and Mack too. Mackenzie Fire was just an all around great read. I would highly recommend you grab this book and read it soon. ❤

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read MacKenzie Fire.

May 8, 2014 – Shelved
May 8, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
June 2, 2014 – Started Reading
June 3, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)

Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳ Oh thanks for this! I wasn't aware of a book 2!
I can't wait!

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Looking forward to reading this series!
I already am over the moon in love with her Just One Night series!!!
xoxoxo

♥Sharon♥ Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳ wrote: "Oh thanks for this! I wasn't aware of a book 2!
I can't wait!"

Your welcome Alex! :)

♥Sharon♥ Patty wrote: "Looking forward to reading this series!
I already am over the moon in love with her Just One Night series!!!
xoxoxo"

Have you read book 1? It was really good and this one looks great too. :) I love the Just One Night series too. xo

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog No i didn't read it yet, BUT I did one click it a while ago!! LOL
I was informed the first book was amazing!! :)

Jeanne Buddy read link for tomorrow if you're interested Sharon:))

♥Sharon♥ Jeanne wrote: "Buddy read link for tomorrow if you're interested Sharon:))"

Thanks! I'll definitely pop in. Though I won't be able to read until at night. :(.

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ So glad you loved it babes!! xo

♥Sharon♥ Shannie❤️Mrs Andrew Hamilton, Mrs. Thomas "Maverick" Hart, Mrs Jake Spears, Mrs Brad De Luca, Mrs. Blake Barrington❤️ wrote: "So glad you loved it babes!! xo"

I did!!! I have to get my review done tonight. Are you reading it? I know how you love your sexy stuff and though this is an awesome book there wasn't too much of that stuff going on! LOL

message 11: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Omg, I am dying to get to this. But June is PACKED for me already. Maybe I will get to it in July.
Fab review x

Katy Loves Romance ❤️ Awesome review Sharon, Love your collage!! :))

~Kristin~ Great review Sharon, I loved this one too! I love a great heroine :))

♥Sharon♥ Steph wrote: "Omg, I am dying to get to this. But June is PACKED for me already. Maybe I will get to it in July.
Fab review x"

Thank you Steph. Enjoy it when you get to it. Wait for when you need some humor in your life! :)

♥Sharon♥ Katy Aka Mrs Jake Spears wrote: "Awesome review Sharon, Love your collage!! :))"

Thanks so much Katy. ღ

♥Sharon♥ Kristin wrote: "Great review Sharon, I loved this one too! I love a great heroine :))"

Thanks Kristin. Candice was so friggin funny. Loved her!! ღ

message 17: by Mysza (new) - added it

Mysza Terrific review Sharon babe!

Jeanne Love your review and collage Sharon:)! She did steal the show, I could easily read this again:) xo

♥Sharon♥ Mysza wrote: "Terrific review Sharon babe!"

Thanks sweetie! ღ

♥Sharon♥ Jeanne wrote: "Love your review and collage Sharon:)! She did steal the show, I could easily read this again:) xo"

Thanks so much Jeanne. One of my favorite parts was (view spoiler)LOL!! I'll definitely reread this one. They always seem to be better the second time. :)

message 21: by Didi (new)

Didi Wonderful review Sharon!

Catarina Great review, Sharon :)

♥Sharon♥ Didi wrote: "Wonderful review Sharon!"
Thank you Didi! ღ

♥Sharon♥ Catarina wrote: "Great review, Sharon :)"

Thanks so much Catarina! ღ;

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Fabulous review, hun.

♥Sharon♥ Trisha wrote: "Fabulous review, hun."

Thank you Trisha! ღ

message 27: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Beautiful review Sharon!!!! I'm really looking forward to this one!!!

♥Sharon♥ Karen wrote: "Beautiful review Sharon!!!! I'm really looking forward to this one!!!"

Thanks Karen! I think your gonna love it. Enjoy when you get to it. ღ

• Lisa • LOVE your review, babes x

Christy Beautiful review, lovely! x

♥Sharon♥ Lisa Jayne wrote: "LOVE your review, babes x"

Thanks love! Enjoy your weekend. ღ

message 32: by ♥Sharon♥ (last edited Jun 07, 2014 06:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♥Sharon♥ Christy wrote: "Beautiful review, lovely! x"

Thank you Christy. Have a great weekend. ღ

message 33: by Beverly (new)

Beverly Awesome review Sharon! :-))

♥Sharon♥ Bev **Read like a Champion** wrote: "Awesome review Sharon! :-))"

Thanks so much Bev. Hope your having a great weekend. xo

message 35: by Beverly (new)

Beverly ♥Sharon♥ wrote: "Bev **Read like a Champion** wrote: "Awesome review Sharon! :-))"

Thanks so much Bev. Hope your having a great weekend. xo"

I am planning to get lots of reading done, now I just need to get off GR and actually read. Hope you enjoy yours, too!

message 36: by destini mia (new)

destini mia Awesome review, Sharon!! x

♥Sharon♥ Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie wrote: "Awesome review, Sharon!! x"

Thank you! Enjoy the weekend. :)

Jennifer Kyle Great review Sharon <3 <3

message 39: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Wonderful review, Sharon.

♥Sharon♥ Jennifer wrote: "Great review Sharon <3 <3"

Thanks so much Jennifer. ღ

♥Sharon♥ Mo wrote: "Wonderful review, Sharon."

Thanks a bunch Mo!! ღ