Aisyah ♡'s Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

bookshelves: exist-in-movies-tv-anime, multiple-povs

*Update April 26- Wow the first episode of season 6!!!!!! Gahhhh*

Actual review

I must admit I only read the PoV of the characters I'm actually interested in, so I might not give the best, accurate description of how awesome this book truly is. Hope sometime in the near future I will re-read it again. Currently I'm still reading the 4th and 5th to catch up with the tv series.

I prefer the TV series (which is in its 5th season right now) in a sense that I get to see the books come alive (although it might not be accurately so), it focuses more on the main characters and their storyline (especially ones that I adore, on occasion I would binge watch random scenes of them on youtube like this).

Not to forget, much credit must be given to a certain Lannister because if not for him, I might not even be bothered to read this book at all. I enjoyed his PoV above all compared to the others. The flawed, anti-hero character is so very well written and a pleasure to read and muse upon. (view spoiler)Tyrion single-handedly proves that by not being brawny or beautiful, doesn't mean you can't survive and thrive in the Seven Kingdoms. Not to mention, Tyrion always gets the best lines in every scene ;)

Now after getting caught up with the later books I'm much leaning towards the Tyrell ladies seeing how sassy they are.

Speaking of necklaces

Obligatory gifs of the khaleesi simply because she's that bad-ass.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

Finished Reading
May 7, 2014 – Shelved
May 20, 2014 – Shelved as: exist-in-movies-tv-anime
May 26, 2014 – Shelved as: multiple-povs

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Shell The Belle Yea I would much rather watch the TV series, I got bored with book and DNF pretty early on - too complex!!

message 2: by Aisyah ♡ (last edited Sep 14, 2014 09:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aisyah ♡ Shell The Belle wrote: "Yea I would much rather watch the TV series, I got bored with book and DNF pretty early on - too complex!!"

Exactly!!!! Also, since there are multiple POVs, I'd skipped the boring ones and just read like Dany's/ Tyrion's etc where interesting things are happening. If not, I wouldn't be able to get through the books.

Nadiah Nordin I actually read the book but it's the kind that you really have to immerse yourself into.

As always, love your reviews!! :)

Aisyah ♡ Nadiah wrote: "I actually read the book but it's the kind that you really have to immerse yourself into.

As always, love your reviews!! :)"

Thanks! Yeah, I just didn't feel like immersing myself with it that much at that time, since I was too busy watching season 3. Lol