C.J. Burright's Reviews > Shift Happens

Shift Happens by J.C. McKenzie

Set in the aftermath of an infection killing off the majority of humans and leaving supernaturals exposed, Shift Happens follows the footsteps of Andy, a shifter who works for the government as a secret assassin. But when her handler goes missing and Andy’s target comes back from the grave to haunt her—not to mention being caught by a pack of enemy werewolves whose alpha calls to her inner wolf—the mouthy loner might be in over her head. Shifter stories aren’t my first choice, but Shift Happens was so fun to read—fast-paced, action-packed, and a heroine who made me both chuckle and snort. I loved Andy’s attitude and independence, not to mention her stubborn defiance to Wick, the alpha werewolf…and pretty much everyone else too. Wick was awesome. Despite being crushed between a rock and a tidal wave, he never gave up hope or his pursuit of Andy. Not that there’s a totally happy conclusion…Andy might have a hard choice to make in the sequel. And I’m definitely going to read to find out what she does!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift Happens.

May 7, 2014 – Started Reading