Renske De busschere's Reviews > The Underground City

The Underground City by Jennifer Martucci

May 07, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: dystopian

** spoiler alert ** So in just two weeks, I read the three books of planet urth. This last one is a bit different than the others. The first two books are post apocalyptic, this one is more dystopian.
The book was (like the first two) an easy read. A lot of things are happening so it never gets dull. On the other side, some things feel kind of rushed, like the last battle. One moment she is in prison and the next moment she is battling the urthman, with all residents of new washington supporting her. This seems a bit strange to me. These people lived years and years in a dystopian like city and just because one girl spoke to them for like 10 minutes they were free from the president?? Speaking of the president, where is he?? Once they start their battle against the urthman, he vanished.
So there are a lot of gaps in the story, but because it never gets dull and I liked the concept of the urthman I still think you should read the book, if you are into dystopian novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Underground City.

May 7, 2014 – Started Reading