MELISSA *Mel Reader*'s Reviews > Intoxicate

Intoxicate by Tessa Teevan

bookshelves: arcs

INTOXICATE IS LIVE!!! :D

5 "Anticipation Is Everything" Stars!
(ARC provided by author)
(BR with Patty)

photo e8ac0f80-7621-40a9-aa01-325add01e4b5_zps0f06af1f.jpg

photo 78235519-6234-456c-9968-3b567146a034_zps17796cc9.jpg

Kalliope Montgomery aka Kalli is a 27 yr. old woman from Gulf Shores, AL. She has a fun personality, and is carefree & full of life. She's extremely close with her family, but hasn't found that special someone to settle down with. That's because she's still holding out hope she will one day get her dream guy. Her heart has belonged to her brother's best friend Xavier Cruz for over ten years now. She has wanted him from the moment she first laid eyes on him.

photo 76f4aefe-747d-4139-93cc-8893c5021c53_zps91e67151.jpg

Xavier also noticed Kalli years ago, but when he found out she was only 16, decides she's off limits. Through the years their families have been close, and Kalli has also grown to love Xavier's daughter Lily. Watching him with his daughter just made her fall even harder for him. He's a single dad whose whole focus has been on his daughter & his job. He's been so consumed with being a great dad & soldier, he hasn't had time for a real life. He doesn't date, & is out of practice with women.

photo d9c7e8e3-f60e-49fe-9cf0-9ac57a14e140_zpsf6f67fc5.jpg

Wanting to be closer to her brother & his family, Kalli decides to move to Clarksville, TN. Since she moves in the summer, she takes a job caring for Xavier's daughter. She secretly hopes he will finally notice her, and he definitely does. Being around her, his attraction for her continues to grow, and she becomes all he can think about. He's been fighting how he feels about her for so long, but finally admits he wants her. They decide to be friends, and see where things go. Kalli understands his first priority is his daughter, and tries to be patient with him. Their relationship slowly changes, & they both realize they want more. As things progress, they decide to be a couple, and they really connect on a deeper level.

photo a2d6d429-6647-4da7-9166-3a350d29fe85_zpsaa30b80e.jpg

-"The anticipation of the kiss is the most important part. I want you to crave it. I want the waiting to drive you wild. I want you so eager for our first kiss, that when it actually happens, it will be a moment you'll never forget. A memory you'll never be able to replace."

-"Kalliope, I am going to kiss you. And when I do, it will be when you least expect it. It may be soft and slow. It may be hard and fast. But rest assured, it will happen. Once it does, I may not be able to stop."

photo 6f2bf821-2731-4272-937b-b6fce9fee4d9_zps2b60886e.jpg

Kalli makes Xavier want things he hasn't wanted in a long time. He's never felt this way, & it scares him. As he develops stronger feelings for her, and comes to realize how much she means to him, he pushes her away. He's lived this safe life not really living, but just existing, but it's what is familiar to him. Life happens, and when Xavier's life is thrown into chaos, Kalli suggests they marry to solve his problems. They form a pact that they won't fall in love, but that's easier said than done. Xavier realizes what he's been missing, and things progress to the next level. Thank you, thank you Tessa! I was in total book heaven with the Xavier sexy time! Just amazing & so worth the wait! "Anticipation is everything." ;))

photo 630f10a1-02c3-4efb-9a2f-b1321f1bb27f_zps7b47b52e.jpg

-"It's the honeymoon phase, baby. My intentions for you are nothing but dirty."
 photo alatin1_zpsvl1hzrh1.gif
-I know what I want. What I want is her, and I need to start showing it.

-I love this feeling, being in his arms, of him holding me close. There's nowhere on the planet I'd rather be than right here with him.

photo 722f5367-5eb7-49cd-9b9e-2027093fa0c0_zps6c4da5b5.jpg

It's a long road for this couple with plenty of angst, but Kalli never gives up, and fights for her man. She supports him, stands by his side, & is his rock. He finally embraces his feelings, and I really liked how they were friends first, & it wasn't a connection based on the physical. This couple has such an intense, beautiful relationship that kept me wanting more. As usual Tessa Teevan wrote yet another 5 star fabulous book! She consistently writes books I love, but this one especially hit the mark for me being a hot, Spanish single dad, who is not only a sexy soldier, but big brother's best friend! I really love the brother's best friend stories. I also enjoyed getting more of yummy Kale! I hope we also get a book for Kalli's twin sister Kaylie! :D

photo f72d5dd0-8c94-45a4-8861-c7cd8bdfe465_zpsd3831cfd.jpg

-"You Xavier Cruz, are beyond my wildest expectations."

-"From the moment I met you, my heart started to flutter. And it's never stopped."

-"I'm yours, Xavier," I breathe. "Always have been, always will be."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intoxicate.

May 6, 2014 – Shelved
May 6, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 15, 2015 – Started Reading
January 15, 2015 – Shelved as: arcs
January 15, 2015 –
0.0% "  photo 021d2630-51bf-4913-9dda-b7acb48fcefa_zps11a99e1a.jpg"
January 18, 2015 –
50.0% "XAVIER my Latin Lover...\n  photo alatin_zpswynvstka.gif"
January 19, 2015 –
75.0% "I'm in absolute book heaven! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! :D"
January 19, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)

• Lisa • MEEEEEE TOO!!!

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Oh, I know his book will be super hot!!! Can't wait!!! :))

message 3: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa Teevan No pressure ;) I'm excited to write a Latin lover!!

MELISSA *Mel Reader* I'm excited for you to write a Latin Lover too! Squeal!!! :D

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog WOO HOO!!!
Time for a Tessa BR!!
xoxoxoxo

MELISSA *Mel Reader* ❤️ Xavier ❤️

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading** Enjoy, ladies! :D

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Sophie! <33

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Emma! <33

Sleepless Readmore Can't wait for your review hun :)

Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart yay!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR YOUR REVIEW!

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Kelli C for "Cross" wrote: "yay!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR YOUR REVIEW!"

Sleepless wrote: "Can't wait for your review hun :)"

Thanks ladies! <33

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Fab Mel xx

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Jen! :))xx

message 16: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Terrific review, Melissa! xx

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Brandi! :))xo

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog GORGEOUS review Mel!!
Love that we get to BR all of Tessa's books and she's an AMAZEBALLS author!!
xoxoxoxo

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Fabulous review, Melissa!:)

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Patty! Yes, we are very lucky!!! :Dxoxo

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Arianna! :))xx

Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) Great review Babe ;)

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Vrsha! :Dxo

Wendy'sThoughts How good is this review??? Steam coming off the page good....

message 25: by MELISSA *Mel Reader* (last edited Jan 20, 2015 09:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Wendy! It is quite steamy! ;))xx

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Sharon! :))xo

Emma ~ The Indecisive Reader ~ Awesome review Melissa xx

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Emma! <33

message 38: by NinaReader (new) - added it

NinaReader Amazing awesome totally-sold-me review Melissa!!! I love everything you said about it and I'm excited to read this story!!! =)

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Nina! <33 I have loved all the men in this series, but Xavier is my fav! He is just swoon worthy & oh so delicious!!! :D

message 40: by NinaReader (new) - added it

NinaReader Can this be read as a standalone?

message 41: by MELISSA *Mel Reader* (last edited Jan 29, 2015 09:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Maybe, but I would recommend reading in order. They are a bunch of super hot military guys who are great friends so they all show up in each others books. I feel like they are better enjoyed if you know who the other characters are. Also in Kale's book you will meet Xavier & Kalli who is Kale's sister.

message 42: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Montoya Outstanding review!!!! can I skip books 2 and 3 and read this one already? Im desperate for it now...

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Thanks Dee!<33 OMG Dee, you do not want to skip Knox & Kale! They are soooo delish!!! ;)) Plus this is a close group of friends that are like a family & are all in each others books.

message 44: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Montoya MELISSA wrote: "Thanks Dee!<33 OMG Dee, you do not want to skip Knox & Kale! They are soooo delish!!! ;)) Plus this is a close group of friends that are like a family & are all in each others books."

kk, I'll read it in order. I have all the books...

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Yes, Knox is almost tied with Xavier for me. You have to read for the shower scenes alone lol! :D

message 46: by NinaReader (new) - added it

NinaReader MELISSA wrote: "Yes, Knox is almost tied with Xavier for me. You have to read for the shower scenes alone lol! :D"

Did you say shower scenes?????? I'm so in!!!! :DDDD

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Lol, yes! My favorite parts of the book were the shower scenes. Soooo yummy! ;))