Mindy Bigham's Reviews > Unfiltered & Unraveled

Unfiltered & Unraveled by Payge Galvin

**4 Fiery Hearts**

*I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Violet Laswell helped her lifelong friend Allie dispose of a body on her twenty first birthday after a night of drinking and ending up at the The Coffee Cave where the shooting had taken place. As if that is not bad enough, she also receives her first DWI. Her parents insist on her entering rehab. Violet does not have a drinking problem, but must go into New Beginnings rehab to keep her secrets and to not be disowned from her family.

Violet is instantly drawn to her new counselor Cameron Wentworth but refuses to admit that she has a drinking problem. This denial instantly labels her as a “problem case” but Cameron sees her more as a puzzle that he really wants to know how to put together.

Relationships between patient and staff are strictly forbidden. But a movie night can change it all.

“I probably should have checked with him before shoving a Fish-wich into his mouth. Choking your counselor with movie snacks is probably a one-way ticket to permanent rehab internment. But I had one in my hand and his lips were parted and it just seemed like the right thing to do.”

After Violet gets transferred to another therapist she finally starts to open up about her life and figuring out what her true problem is. She has a chronic disease of pleasing people. While trying to deal with her problem she actually determines she might have a bigger one with Cameron when their relationship starts to cross the line.

“I threaded my fingers through his hair, almost petting him, because I couldn’t come up with a proper thank you for “orally rocking my freaking world.”

“That was…” he huffed. “That was…” “Thank you,” I muttered, snuggling into his shoulder. “We should consider that line crossed.” “Baby, I crossed that line the minute I met you,” he muttered into my hair.”

The chemistry between Violet and Cameron is very sweet. They know they are not suppose to cross a line but really cannot help themselves. When they both confide in each other about their past you can sense the passion in their relationship. Too bad one of the nurses at New Beginnings is all in Violet and Cameron’s business and is out to expose the forbidden relationship. If Nurse Sarah cannot have Cameron she will make damn sure that Violet does not have him either.

I cannot say this enough but I truly love this series. I think the authors really bring these characters to life on an individual basis with each book that tells their story after the shooting at the coffee shop. The struggles you go through to protect a secret between strangers is strong with each character and just gets better and better.

If you have read the series as they release you are really in for a great ride. Unfiltered and Unraveled does not disappoint in any way. I am impatiently waiting for the next installment, Unfiltered and Undressed. Come on July!!

My Favorite Moment: One of my favorite moments was when Violet found out she was being transferred to a new therapist and she decided she was going to go straight to Cameron’s office and call him out. You go girl!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unfiltered & Unraveled.

May 6, 2014 – Shelved
May 6, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
May 31, 2014 – Started Reading
June 2, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
June 3, 2014 –
99.0% "Review to be posted 6/14"
June 14, 2014 – Finished Reading