Nicola's Reviews > Recipe for Temptation

Recipe for Temptation by Gina Gordon

Recipe for Temptation is an enjoyable finale to Gina Gordon's Madewood Brothers series. It's not my favourite of the four, but she has brought us an endearing couple with a good chemistry, a fun and frustrating storyline and who don't scrimp on the sexy-time when they finally give in to one another.

"It was time for a Murphy to kick some Foster ass."

Penn and Cole have been skirting around one another this entire series and, her being the fun confident force-of-nature company marketing guru and he the quieter, brooding of the four brothers, I wasn't quite sure how their story would go. But what I liked was how we saw a completely unexpected side to to Penn when faced with her godawful annoying family.

description

Cole's reasoning for being the way he is works well, it's not over-the-top nor does it show weakness and this is why I enjoyed him. And as sexy as he and Penn are together they also share some lovely moments that inject emotion; I loved how the dirty talk aspect was twisted and as much as I disliked her family and wanted to wallop her sisters-in-law, I actually liked the injection of awful, and the cheesy nature of the Fun-cation.

description

I have to say I've loved this series. Finn and his spatula will always mean he's my number one brother, but Cole, Neil and Jack have all been appreciated and I've enjoyed their dynamic. Recipe for Temptation may not have held any particular surprises, but Gina Gordon has ended the series well.

Copy received courtesy of Entangled Publishing for an honest and unbiased opinion.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Recipe for Temptation.

May 6, 2014 – Shelved