Autumn (Triquetra Reviews)'s Reviews > Goddess Born

Goddess Born by Kari Edgren

Thanks to I Am A Reader, Not A Writer and Kari Edgren for letting me read this early for the review. I was given a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

The cover is super awesome, I dig the colors and I like how they remind me of Brighid's Fire, which is the entire way that Selah can heal someone.

I really like this book, it was interesting and I really like how everything was paced out nicely. There was some mystery and the ending threw me. I definitely didn't think that the bad guy was who he actually was. It was sort of a Scooby-Doo moment when the mask comes off and you didn't see that coming.

I also really like the relationship that Henry and Selah have. They don't rush into things too quickly, they both have their secrets and the way their relationship starts off is reason enough to keep your secrets from a complete stranger.

Nathan made me want to strangle him, and I was sort of ticked off when he was saved at the end. I think Selah would have been better off to leave him, but knowing that he needed help she couldn't turn him away, a part of being Goddess Born - when someone asks for help she HAS to give it to them, or else she'd be cursed.

On goodreads this doesn't say it's part of a series, but I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing more. The book ends on a romantic cliffhanger, and I GUESS it could end where it did, but I highly doubt that it will. Henry is leaving for England and Selah is in tow, and I'm pretty sure we're going to need to find out what happens in England. I do!

This is a good book for anyone who likes historical paranormal romance. Not too much romance, but still, there are some sweet moments.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess Born.

May 5, 2014 – Started Reading